one

one; THE WEEK FOLLOWING

The thing about life is that when things are beginning to get better, even if it's a slow process, it can all come crashing down in an instant and it can be quite tragic

The thing about life is that when things are beginning to get better, even if it's a slow process, it can all come crashing down in an instant and it can be quite tragic. It had for Daisy, and the tragedy took place in the form of the news that her older sister and her husband had been murdered and she had spent the week wallowing in silence.

Her brother-in-law yelled at her when he saw her weeping over the, in his opinion, best news he'd heard in a long time and Petunia was suppressing her emotions, acting as though she didn't care about their sister dying and she hadn't attempted to mend their broken relationship before she'd lost her. She acted as though she didn't care that she hadn't even seen her since Daisy's twelfth birthday party where she had spent the day making snide comments in Lily's direction while Vernon insulted James for all to hear.

Daisy wanted to spend her days roaming Privet Drive and being consumed by her heartbreak but she couldn't because who would look after Harry?

Harry was the only ray of sunshine in her currently gloomy life, an innocent little baby who didn't realise just how much his two new guardians disliked his presence in their lives, who didn't understand why 'Aunt See' looked so sad when he asked for Mummy or Daddy or Padfoot and when she grew so angry when the other boy his age, who he thought would be his new friend would poke and prod at him and Vernon would only laugh as he praised his son and Petunia only pursed her lips and looked away.

Daisy had barely slept all week, spending her nights in the lounge with Harry resting on her hip as he babbled excitedly or slept, Vernon hadn't allowed Daisy to keep him in her room, nor had he given the baby a room, content with leaving him in the lounge with a pile of old blankets and Daisy had never despised her brother-in-law more, nor had she ever been more angry at her sister for turning a blind eye.

She had quickly come to realise that Harry had missed her in the few weeks that they had been apart, it had been too risky for her to visit their new safe house, James had told her sadly, due to the new wards they had put into place so the very last time Daisy had seen Lily and James before they had passed was halfway through October, two weeks before their deaths.

Their encounter had been a happy one as Lily always managed to push aside how overwhelmed she felt by being stuck inside all day when in the presence of her sunshine sister who never failed to put a smile on her face and the couple adored the way she was with Harry, who loved his aunt dearly.

It had been quite difficult having Marlene and then Emmeline smuggle Daisy to different locations without alerting the Death Eaters who were on the prowl for the Potter's location, but Lily was not missing out on any opportunity to lose to touch with another sister, one who loved her despite her magical abilities.

Daisy adored her sister more than anything and now that she was gone, she was going to pass that extra love on and shower her nephew with so much attention and love, but she knew that Vernon wouldn't allow her too but there was no way in hell that she would disrespect Lily and James' memory like that so she would never allow her brother-in-law to bully her into neglecting her nephew.