three

three; WHERE THE DOOR IS

"Thanks for the ride, Mrs Warner," Daisy exclaimed with a wide smile as she exited the vehicle and pulled her rucksack with her, throwing the bag over her shoulder

"No trouble, dear." Mrs Warner responded happily, "Tell your sister I said thank you for that recipe!"

"Will do." She promised while she waved at Emmy who returned the gesture with a sleepy smile as she tried to hide how tired she was from her stepmother who had already playfully scolded the two girls about the importance of sleeping, especially during school holiday trips.

Mrs Warner sent her another grin before she pulled out of the driveway and drove out of Privet Drive with a parting toot of the horn of her car and when the green vehicle disappeared from her sight, Daisy yawned loudly and turned to walk towards her home.

Nothing about the street changed in the week that the sixteen-year-old had been away on a trip that her school had planned, not that she had really expected it because the houses on the street had all remained the same in the four years that Daisy had lived there: unnervingly boring.

Quickly fishing the house key from her pocket, Daisy slid it into the lock and twisted, smiling excitedly to herself when she heard the faint click and she quickly pulled the wooden door open and stepped over the threshold.

As she hadn't seen her brother-in-law's car out front, she plopped her bag into the tiled floor loudly, "I'm back."

Her voice was loud as she peered about the large home and she smiled to herself when she heard the sound of small feet pattering above her and it widened when Dudley appeared at the top of the staircase.

"Aunt Daisy!" He squealed loudly as he carefully threaded down the stairs, clearly remembering her warning from a few weeks earlier.

Daisy met him at the bottom, she laughed to herself when he threw himself at her and she grunted as she heaved him up onto her hip but she quickly plastered a smile over her frown before he could notice the negative change in her behaviour.

"How are you, handsome?" Daisy asked with a smile as he pressed a sloppy kiss to her cheek in greeting.

"Good, I got a new toy." He exclaimed loudly, giggling when she gasped dramatically.

"Oh, you did?" She questioned in a faux shock and without allowing the grin to melt from her face, she placed her nephew back onto the ground, "You'll have to show me later."

"I will, I will." He told her quickly as he nodded his head wildly, "Promise."

"It's a date." She exclaimed as she tapped his nose, her smile widening when he scrunched it up and swatted at her hand, "Okay, now where is your cousin?"

"Daddy locked him in his room for being naughty," Dudley answered her quickly and frowned when her smile faded.

He loved his aunt's smile, it made him happy.