i hope you dance

I HOPE YOU DANCE
harry potter universe

I HOPE YOU DANCEharry potter universe

"you are my only priority."

══════════════════

SUBJECTED TO SO MANY losses at such a young age, Daisy Evans had developed a thick skin and the tendency to cling to those she loved just that much tighter, especially after the second morning of November in 1981 when she was awoken by her eldest sister's startled shrieks.

Racing to ensure her sister's safety, Daisy found herself at the front door, her face one of surprise as she gazed down at a bundle of blankets that contained her youngest nephew as he stared up at the two, his tiny fist clutching at an envelope.

It was a letter that shattered Daisy's world with each passing sentence that she read over Petunia's shoulder, the contents informing the sister's of Lily and James Potter's passing and announced that the eldest of the Evans sister's was to become their nephew's legal guardian in order for old magic to protect the little baby. Petunia agreed, so very reluctantly even after her husband had said no because she had never been able to say no to Daisy's wounded puppy look.

The next few years passed and Daisy had to watch in disgust and horror as, with each passing day, her sister and brother-in-law's behaviour towards her youngest nephew grew increasingly worse but she couldn't say anything because Vernon was always looking for an excuse to boot her from his home.

So, she played with Harry in secret and loved him with everything she had, her heart slowly cracking every single time he looked up at her tearfully with those familiar eyes and asked why it couldn't always be like this and she devised a plan.

Now, Daisy Evans wasn't stupid by any means, she knew that potentially kidnapping a child wasn't the brightest idea she's ever had, but then again, Lily was the smartest of the Evans sister, Petunia was the gossip, and Daisy? Well, Daisy was the reckless sister, but it wasn't her fault that she had a bleeding heart that made her want to commit a double homicide whenever she heard her brother-in-law yelling at her nephew or when she held him as he cried into her shirt after her sister had forced him to sit outside for hours while Daisy was at school and couldn't be with him.

So, Daisy had two options – walk into court the minute she turned eighteen and demand that she receive full custody of her nephew over her much older and more experienced older sister who was married to a successful businessman and already had five years of motherhood under her belt or just ask her nephew if he wanted to go with her when she moved out and when he inevitability agreed, she would take him away from his sad place and raise the distressed child as best she could away from her sister and brother-in-law and their prejudiced views on the magical world.

The more she thought about it, the better the second idea sounded and after months of planning and re-planning, on the twenty-fourth of August in 1986, the day after her eighteenth birthday, Daisy Evans and Harry Potter disappeared from Privet Drive, never to be seen by the occupants of the street for years to come.