17

Marc began pulling out of the parking spot, trying to go as fast as he could. "What did you mean by that?" John murmured, knowing that Marc was tense. He saw Marc's knuckles turn white on the wheel, "Never mind." He whispered in an attempt to keep him at bay. The car drive was long, John's chest felt heavy due to the amount of stress and tension Marc was emitting. He made the conclusion during the ride that the phone call he had gotten at the concert from someone was what made him so tense. His heart dropped further into his stomach as Marc passed the exit that led them home, meaning they'd be going further into town.

     Marc received about five more phone calls, all in which he deliberately ignored. John noticed how Marc was very upset, especially when they got caught in traffic. Every stop they had made, whether it was a stop sign or a red light, angered Marc beyond his usual road rage. John sat in confused silence, afraid that if he had made the slightest noise he would trigger Marc into screaming fits. Marc made his way past parts of the town John had known previously, Marc had now gotten to the side he knew nothing of. Soon, the car came to a complete stop, Marc was in such a rush he tried to hop out of the car, and forgot to take off his seatbelt. After seconds of angry muttering and a few fail attempts at pressing the button hard enough, Marc finally got out. Looking over at John and waving at him to get out.

     Being more responsible, John grabbed the keys out of the ignition, took off his seatbelt and calmly stepped out. He looked up at the building next to him and saw in giant red letters 'EMERGENCY ROOM.' John's face turned pale. Praying that it was someone else instead of who he thought it was, he followed Marc after a few scoldings from him. He didn't take it to heart since Marc was truly just in the moment, and not in the mood.

     They stepped into the main building, hospital beds being pushed around, nurses, patients, visitors, and doctors walking around everywhere in its usual hurried fashion. Marc forced John into a chair, then went up to the reception desk. The clerk at the desk nodded at Marc's incoherent words, John could t make any of it out especially due to the noise of the busy hospital, and his distance. After a few minutes of conversation John witnessed Marc slamming the table top of the reception desk then hurriedly apologized. John's heartbeat increased steadily as Marc walked closer towards him, he took a seat next to him and sighed angrily. "We're going to be here for about an hour." Marc explained, truly it didn't mean anything to John since he had no idea what was happening, all he knew was that he was here in the hospital and that Sage was probably already looking for them at the concert hall.

Everybody loves somebody sometime
     And although my dream was overdue