22

After a bit of talking, Sage had to use the bathroom. A nurse came in and left Marc outside the room, he took this opportunity to call John.

     John's workspace was now cluttered with papers and notes, this was the twelfth commission he had done today. His brain was fried, the light of his computer screen was the only thing lighting up his room. He sighed in frustration, he had tons more to go. This phone vibrated on the bed behind him, he turned around and walked towards it. It was Marc, wondering what he could possibly want, he picked up, "Hello?" He held the phone up with his shoulder as he sat back down into his chair and typed some more. "It's Sage, get over here! We can visit her now!" Johns heart dropped. He stopped typing, he felt like he couldn't breathe but nonetheless he replied, "I'll be right there." And hung up.

John hung up on Marc, understanding what he said he let it be. The nurse came out and gave him a nod telling him that it was ok to enter again, he did.

He ran down to the elevator, then into the parking lot where he found his car. It was absolutely trashed on the inside, he kept on forgetting to clean it, he started it and rushed over to the hospital as fast as he could, without crashing of course. He rushed into the hospital running straight past an old couple and went to the receptionist Hurriedly he showed them his I.D and stammered out, "I'm here for Sage- I mean Adaliya Kelley?" The receptionist saw the desperate look on his face and told him what room she would be in.

     Engaged in light conversation with Sage, Marc jumped when he heard a loud knock on the door. "It's probably for blood work." Sage explained quietly.

In all honesty, Marc hated seeing her in this pitiful condition, to him, it's like seeing a wounded puppy that was once lively and playful. To him, she was dull and the light was gone from her eyes. She didn't smile and she always seemed to be in thought.

In reality, she was. Deep in thought. She thought about how John would react, she thought about how she was even going to tell him, she thought about how she was going to explain to Marc what the nurse had told her while he was out, she could barely stand the thought herself. How was she going to do any of this? What would come of it? What was the point? She coughed. Marc stopped talking for a second, but then when he realized that she was okay, he kept on going. Then there was a frantic knock on the door, "It's probably for blood work." She explained, lying to him, which broke her heart even more.

Marc went to leave again, taking his phone assuming it would take a bit of time. He opened the door to see John with wide eyes.

Everybody loves
somebody sometime