Chapter 5

(Note: Sorry I timeskipped! I didn't know what to write after that.)

          It had been several moons since her mother's death. Yellowpaw had started to get used to it, but there was still a wound to be healed yet. Lately she had been spending most of her time training, hunting and getting to know the apprentices more.

          Boulderpaw had devoted most of his time to comfort and chat with her, and she was really grateful for that. And so did Mothpaw, and she knew that Mothpaw would never leave her side, and she was really grateful for that, too.

          On the day her mother died, Eaglekit was found in the far corner of the nursery where no cat had ever gone, so obviously she was safe from the badger.

          Yellowpaw padded over to the fresh-kill pile after a long morning of hunting. Mothpaw and Boulderpaw were also getting some fresh-kill.

          "Hey," Boulderpaw mewed as Yellowpaw picked out a robin from the fresh-kill pile.

          "Hi," said Yellowpaw. She bit into the robin.

          "Um...want to go hunting with me? Later?"

          Yellowpaw almost spit out the robin she was eating. "Um, I—wow, Boulderpaw, I—I didn't expect that! Wow, uh—maybe tomorrow?"

          Boulderpaw looked discouraged. "Oh, okay."

          Scorchstar leapt onto the Shaderock.

          "Let all cats old enough to lurk in the shadows gather around the Shaderock for a Clan meeting," he called.

          Yellowpaw padded over to the Shaderock, a little bit of the robin still in her mouth. She quickly chewed and swallowed it.

          "Today I will be announcing two new warriors. Hollypaw and Boulderpaw, please step forward."

          Heathershine gave each of their ears a quick lick, then sent them to the Shaderock.

          They padded over to the Shaderock and sat beneath Scorchstar.

          "I, Scorchstar, leader of ShadowClan, call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on these apprentices. They have worked hard to understand the ways of your noble code, and I commend them to you as warriors in their turns."

          Hollypaw and Boulderpaw held their heads high.

         "Hollypaw, do you promise to uphold the warrior code, and to protect and defend your clan even at the cost of your life?" he asked.

         "I do," Hollypaw responded.

         "Then by the powers of StarClan I give you your warrior name. Hollypaw, from this moment you will be known as Hollystreak. StarClan honors your dependability and ability to be industrious, and we welcome you as a full warrior of ShadowClan. Boulderpaw, please step forward."

          Boulderpaw padded forwards.

          "Boulderpaw, do you promise to uphold the warrior code, and to protect and defend your clan even at the cost of your life?"

          "I do," he answered proudly.

          "Then by the powers of StarClan I give you your warrior name. Boulderpaw, from this moment on you will be known as Boulderpelt. StarClan honors your discreteness and enthusiasm, and we welcome you as a full warrior of ShadowClan."