Chapter 6

"Yellowpaw, wake up!" Mothpaw hissed.

          "Huh? Wha—" Yellowpaw mewed groggily.

          "Get. Up!"

          "Why...?"

          "Oh, I don't know, maybe because Webblaze told us to get up because we have to fight!"

          "Oh my gosh, I'm getting up, I'm getting up," Yellowpaw growled while Mothpaw continuously tugged on her tail. "Why do we have to fight anyway?"

          "He said he'd tell us once all of the older apprentices got up," she said, emphasizing the older apprentices got up.

          Yellowpaw stood up, shaking moss off her pelt. "Okay, let's go!"

          The friends padded out of the apprentice den and into the clearing.

          Webblaze was sitting on the opposite side of Opalbreeze, who was sitting on a low branch attached to a small tree.

          "Oh, Yellowpaw, Mothpaw, you're here! Come on over and sit down," he meowed.

          The she-cats padded over and sat down near some of the other apprentices.

          "So, WindClan needs help. There's a dog over at their camp. Only one dog."

          "That's good," Yellowpaw meowed.

          "Yep. Not a huge threat, but it can still do a fair amount of damage. Opalbreeze is gonna send over the traveling warriors and a few apprentices."

          "Meeting dismissed," Scorchstar announced.

          "So we didn't have to fight!" Yellowpaw bickered.

          "I didn't know!" Mothpaw argued.

          "I guess you didn't, otherwise Webblaze would have mentioned it."

          "Thank you for agreeing with me, finally!"

          "Uhh, you're welcome!"

          Mothpaw and Yellowpaw sat there for a moment, having an awkward silence.

          "Okay, um, now what?" she asked Mothpaw.

          "Uhh, I don't know."

          "Attention, cats of ShadowClan!" Opalbreeze yelled.

          Yellowpaw turned her head towards Opalbreeze.

         "I have chosen the apprentices who are going with. Strikepaw, Mothpaw, and Yellowpaw, good luck."

         Yellowpaw smiled at her friend. "We've been chosen together!"

        Mothpaw smiled back. "Yeah."

        Webblaze yowled, "Come on, let's go!"

        Yellowpaw and Mothpaw followed Webblaze and the other warriors out of the camp. The traveling warriors stayed at the end of the trail of warriors.

       They padded out of the pine woods and into the moorland.

       The salty scent of the lake, carried by the wind, drifted towards the traveling cats and filled Yellowpaw's nostrils. Before she could say anything about it, Mothpaw meowed, "Mmm, kinda smells like prey, doesn't it? My mouth is watering."