Chapter 1

"Mom...mom!!! Please slow down mom!!! Mom please I'm scared!!!!Mooooooom!!!!"

"Ava! Wake up baby!"

My boyfriend Luke told me, waking me up from that horrible nightmare. It seemed like something had taken my breath away for those endless minutes...

"Lu... Luke "

"It's always the same dream isn't it?"

"I can't find relief through my sleep anymore.." I said, breathless. 

"Baby, you know that if you want to go back to Dr.Lewis... "

"I know, but I'm not going to spend again 200$ for someone who literally doesn't know how it feels to live some situations "

"No one can understand but you, but it can help you. "

"Luke, we talked about this, I don't want to."

"Ava, baby it's just I don't want to see you in this way. I want you to feel good" he told me, holding my hands.

"I know.." I said, with a reassuring smile "It'll get better with time."

My past, it wasn't the best, especially during Christmas time. It was December 10th2017, on my birthday. My mother took me to my favorite restaurant to celebrate my 18th birthday. We had so much fan that night, everything was perfect, snow was falling candidly on the ground, making everything more magical. But during our trip back, that wonderful atmosphere turned into a storm, almost preventing us from keeping our view focused on the road. My mom panicked, I imagined she wanted to run as fast as possible before the weather would get worse. But the street was slippery already, I was scared. I was screaming at her to slow down, but she didn't want to, she thought the car would break if she did that. I didn't know what she was thinking, but she wasn't thinking straight. Seconds later, she lost control. The car slipped down the hill, crashing onto a tree. The only thing I remember after that, was a hospital room. I've been in a coma for 2 months. And then, later, I remember hearing the doctor saying those bloody words: "It's about your mom, she didn't make it."

Since then, my life did a complete radical turnaround. Luke was already my boyfriend for a year and his family welcomed me warmly, as a second daughter. I couldn't complain about anything, they were a perfect family. They loved us so much that they gave us a beautiful little house slightly out NY, made just for the two of us. But that insurmountable absence was making that magical atmosphere sad and frustrating.

It had been 2 years since my mom's death and if those previous months were phsycologically hard, well, Christmas time was devastating. But luckily for me, my life wasn't particularly boring, once finished high school I started to work at the department stores downtown NewYork, with the help of Luke's parents, they had insider knowledge. And, considering the period, it really helped me to stop thinking about everything.

It was a winter sunday, December. It was 10 days before Christmas, and me and Luke were spending the weekend at his parents mansion, as usual. One of the most famous Christmas song was echoing in the air, Silent Night, composed on a piano, from Luke's laptop. A big and charming Christmas tree full of golden balls and lights was decorating that elegant and cosy lounge. A reclining chair was in front of the tree next to a cozy fireplace. A relaxing atmosphere, pleasant, it felt like it made me forget those bad thoughts.

"Princess!"a voice behind me captured my attention.

"Anjelica..." it was Luke's mother. "Forgive me for moving away, but I was cold and came here to warm up."