Chapter 5

"I'm so nervous." Luke murmured, settling his tuxedo.

I laughed for his expression. "It's just a dinner, we're not taking her to the Golden Globes!"

"Yes,but you know, it doesn't happen everyday to spend Christmas Eve at Jlo's place!"

"Baby I don't understand whether this thing makes you excited or scares you..."

"I would say both. I'm sure it will be a perfect dinner, but oh my God... do you understand me?"

"I know, same here. But the happy side is the stronger one. In the last two years, I bet it will be the most beautiful Christmas..." I said, with a note of melancholy. He held me by behind.

"I know baby, and that's what makes me so happy." he said, while Iheld him tight. I turned towards him and, after kissing him, I settled his bow tie.

"And you'll kill it with this outfit, it seems like you're going to a wedding!" I said smiling

"Well, I'll buy a new one for ours!" he said, my eyes got wide. "Don't worry baby, I'm not going to propose!" he said laughing out loud.

"I've got enough twists and turns in the last weeks, don't scare me!" Isaid ironically, receiving a big laugh by him.

I was sincere, I adored his outfit. He decided to wear a classic tuxedo with leather loafers. I went for a bordeaux dress made of velvet with long puff sleeves and black shoes with high heels. Straight hair, light makeup on my eyes and, obviously, red lipstick, which is inevitable at Christmas.

The appointment was at Jennifer's apartment at08:30 pm, but obviously she insisted on letting us pick up by herdriver and, obviously, her insistence won the day

We decided to go at 8 pm while the distance was enough, we tried our best to be on time. And like the last times, her driver came on time. We said hi to him and gotted into the car. We arrived with 5 minutes of delay caused by the traffic, which is totally normal at Christmas Eve.

Once walked into the elevator, I noticed a mild anxiety by Luke, so I tried to calm him holding his hand. We rang the doorbell and kindly welcomed by the waitress who I already met on the party's day.

"Ms Lopez will arrive soon!" she said, taking our coats.

"Thank you so much!" we said, then seeing Alex coming towards us.

"Good evening guys! Hi Ava! Nice to see you again!" Alex said, shaking my hand and giving me kisses on the cheeks.

"Same here Alex. He's my boyfriend, Luke."

"Hi Luke, nice to meet you!" he said, shaking their hands.

"Mr Rodriguez, it's very nice to meet you! I'm a huge Yankee's fan!"