Chapter 13

It's been one month since that horrible day where I broke any contact with Jennifer. Everything seemed to have lost every reason, every meaning, it was also hard to say "good morning".

Moods mostly made of pain, sadness, anger. The only way to have contacts with the world was at work where I tried to show that little inner calm that I had, I couldn't lose also that one. So I kept that lumpin my throat and making a fake smile to anyone.

My relationship with Luke wasn't on a roll, because of my 'absent-mindedness', although I appreciated every way to cheer me up. But a massage, a warm bath, a pizza or my favorite movie wasn't enough to distract me.

Just one positive thing happened, when my boss decided to give us sometime off for ten days due to a personal trip, so I didn't have to deal with the world.

One of those days where I was, like every day, inside my bed, I received an unexpected visit.

"My love?" Luke said

"I don't want to eat...." I said, listless

"No Ava, you got a visitor... there's Monica!"

Monica, my coworker. I looked up lightly, seeing her getting through the door of the room while Luke was closing it to give us more privacy.

"Hey Avy..." she said in a comforting tone

"I'm not good company today..."

"I'm not here to receive it... but to give it to you!"

"Mon... I assure you that's the last thing I want..."

"And as a good friend as I am, the fuck that I go away! Now sit your ass down, look at me and tell me what's happening..."

"I told you... I've had a discussion with Jennifer..."

"Ha ha, discussions can be solved after few days or you talk about them... and surely if you guys already did it, now you wouldn't be here like this..."

"You don't even know what we have discussed about..." I said in a firmer tone, something which didn't happen in a long time.

"Exactly..." she said, looking into our eyes. "What's happened?"

"Monica I..."

"Ava we're friends and I know you... I don't want to see you that way..."

We looked at each other for a few seconds, I couldn't keep all of this inside me anymore...so I took courage.

"I fell in love with her..."

"I knew it...I just wanted you to pull it out..."

"Those days that I spent with her, in her villa... we made love..."

"Oh Ava... it was your first time, wasn't it?" I didn't answer, I just nodded. "And then what happened? Why you don't talk to each other anymore?"

"One month ago, we had to meet for a coffee after work... but she told me we couldn't see each other anymore because we've got different lives... and boyfriends."

"I don't think it's for this reason... it sounds like an excuse..."

"What do you mean?"

"Well actually, all of this was made by her, you didn't impose anything to her. You adapted to the things she offered you... and all of a sudden she regretted all of this? It doesn't hold up."

"That's exactly what I thought... what do you think about it?"

"I think she found in you that freedom and that serenity she pretended to have... but now that you reached a relationship more 'serious' she's scared... she would ask a thousand questions to herself.. the fact you got Luke... the fact she's going to get married... I don't think she doesn't care about you..."

"I don't know what to do Monica..."

"You can't do anything now, it's a war against herself..."

"It really hurts..."

"That's why now you stand up, take a shower and go out... the world is still living out there. Come on!"

I stood up with listless but she was right, the world was still living out there and I had to live it like before I met her. So we decided to go shopping to the department store, we know it, shopping is the best antidepressant.

Monica made sure to making me stay away from home as much as possible to make me spend a good day, and weirdly it's been so. We bought a lotof things, dresses, shoes, makeup etc.... it really helped me.

I came back home at 10 pm, finding Luke on the sofa, watching TV.

"Hey!" he said with enthusiasm

"Hey..." I said with a smile

"Did you have fun?"

"Yes, it made me feel good.... I needed it."

"Me too, to see you finally happy."

That sentence filled my heart with joy, making me smile so much. I left the bags on the floor and put my arms around his neck, and lose eachother in a big kiss. A slow kiss, passionate, it's been a long since it was happened... his lips went down my neck, my breath intensified. We never made love, but in that moment I needed to feel good, to be happy and, in one way or another, he was able to made me feel that way.

"Let's go in our bedroom..." I said, between a breath and another

"You really want it?"

"Yes, please..."

So he grabbed me as a princess, finding myself in the bed of ourbedroom... in a moment all our clothes, underwears and not, flew away in the room. Moans, sensual movements, little screams, kisses, caresses, they were almost x-rated visions, until the apex of pleasure invaded the both of us, leaving us with sighs and our sweaty bodies, in that erotic night with a soul, unfortunately, incomplete...