Chapter 15

I hadn't felt very good in the last few days... I was feeling a strong feeling of nausea, sometimes also throwing up and very sleepy. So I called in sick, doubting that maybe I had a stomach flu. Luke moved to Sarah's place without making me miss his presence. That day I agreed with Jennifer on seeing Max and Emme, but without telling her about my sickness, I didn't want to renounce to see them and then that day I felt a bit better.

It was 12 pm when I heard the doorbell, it was them.

"AVAAAAAA!!!!"they said hugging me. How much they missed me.

"Hiiii babies!!! So nice to see you!" I said, holding them tight. "You walked all the way here from home?"

"No, mama brought us here... she let us get out of the car and she left...." Max said. This sentence troubled me a lot, but I understood her, especially after the last time we met...

"Oh I see... maybe she was in a hurry!" I said, cutting the speech

"So, where will you bring us today?" Emme asked

"My babies, do you mind if we do something at home? I haven't felt very good lately..."

"Yeah of course, we just wanted to see you!" Max said, it was true....Jennifer created such masterpieces.

"Oh my babies...." I said, hugging them. "But we can watch all the movies you want! Max, if you want you can play with the Xbox, and you Lulu if you want we can play with make up... I bought some stuff from Sephora the other day" I said winking her, receiving a more than enthusiastic reaction from them.

And so we did it, we watched a few movies chosen by them and while Max was playing on gameplays, me and Emme went through my stuff that I had bought on Sephora.

"Ava?" Emme asked, suddenly

"Yeah?"

"Can I ask you a question?

"Everything you want!"

"Why you and mom don't see each other anymore?" she said, making me feel shivers down my spine. I really had not idea of what to answer.

"Ehm... it's complicated baby..."

"Can't you explain it to me? I'm old enough to understand...."

"Of course, I know... that's why it's hard..."

"I see that mom doesn't feel good... she's... elusive.... sometimes it seems she doesn't even listen to us... and with Alex, she barely talks to him... we're worried."

"I'm sorry honey... but sometimes, you know, being such a famous singer brings you to make decisions, I'm sure your mom knows it..."

"Mom really cares about you..."

"Me too Lulu... I care about your mom too..."

"Then make peace!"

"Ha.... as if it were that easy... unfortunately it's n...."

A big sense of strong acidity made me stop my sentence, I felt chills. My face got white, putting a hand on my mouth.

"Ava what's up???" Emme asked, scared. I suddenly got up from my chair, running towards the bathroom.

"Ava!!!"Emme screamed, running towards me.

I ran towards the bathroom, throwing up for the first time that day.

"AVA!!!!"Max and Emme screamed, coming towards me, holding my hand and my back. I stopped after few minutes, feeling pain all over my body.

"Don't worry... I feel better..." I said, breathless