Chapter 3

"So is that right? This evening you're going to a party organized by Jlo just because you saved her ass at the store and gave iPads to their children who would absolutely have an impressive number of them?" Luke said, pleasantly surprised.

"I didn't say it, my love" I said laughing, while choosing my shoes to match the dress (which I hadn't chosen yet) forthe evening "it's just I think she appreciated those attentions I gave her at the store and also to her children these two times."

"So is she coming to pick you up?"

"Nope, she's going to send her driver at our place. That's why I need to hurry up. I have to be there at 8 pm and I still don't know what to wear!" I said, panicking.

"Don't worry baby, I'm sure..." her sentence was interrupted by the doorbell. We looked at eachother surprised. "With 5 hours early?"

"I don't think so!" I said, heading towards the door. I opened, finding in front of me a courier.

"Ava Myers?"

"Yes it's me."

"There's a package for you!" he said, giving it to me.

"Oh... thank you..." I said, closing the door. Luke looked at me intrigued. "If you're going to ask me that, I have no idea."

I headed towards our bedroom, unpacking that big package. Once opened, my eyes froze with my breath. Inside the package there was a beautiful dress made of dark silk and velvet, with a rhinestones decoration from the cleavage and down my belly. It was very long, maybe too much for my height, but the shoes I chose were perfect, having high heels.

 "Ava... it's...."

"Perfect... I mean, look. It's by Valentino. It'll cost a fortune..."

"Do you think she send it to you?"

"I'm sure... look." I said, taking a card withwritten "Now you got everything Cinderella! See you tonight :*Jennifer"

"Wow, it's been.... very nice of her."

"I'm speechless..."

I really was. For seeing her just twice, that worldwide woman filled me of attentions that I don't think she gave to her fans who followed since forever. I was intrigued by her approach towards me, but at the same time I was wondering why. But that time I didn't want to spend my time wondering my questions, I wanted to join that night totally out of my habits, I wanted to live the dream of every girl.

It was 7:30 pm. I was mirroring myself for the last time, checking the last details. My hair was slightly waved by some curls, smokey makeup and lipgloss. I actually liked myself, but a big sense of anxiety was pushing against my stomach. So I took a big breath and started to head downstairs. Luke remained speechless.