4

Four years later...

Sloth was walking down the town streets; it was not as busy as tournament days but still busy. Sloth looked over at the water tower, Glacier and the Pichu were not there. It had been like that since the last tournament. Sloth sighed and went down to the park. There were very few Pokemon in the open field. It was nice and relaxing, the warm sun, few clouds. Sloth sat on a bench and smiled. He took a deep breath of the nice warm air. He closed his eyes, leaned back and relaxed. He heard a light thump and a sigh next to him. "mind if I sit here?" A voice asked.

He peeked one eye open to see a Leafeon. "I don't mind," He said and then went back to relaxing.

There was a silence. "The parks are beautiful, huh?" Sloth said. "Hm? Yeah, it is" She said. "What's your name?" She asked. Sloth opened his eyes and leaned forward again. "My name's Sloth, what about yours?" He responded by putting a paw to his chest. "My name is Vine." "Nice name." Sloth said and smiled kindly. "thanks..." She said and looked down. There was another silence. "So, what did you think of the tournament last month?" Sloth asked. "oh, it was okay. I guess. I really thought that Charizard would beat our Luxray champion." She said and turned her body to face Sloth. "What do you want to evolve into? I'm just curious." She asked. "well... I don't know anymore...I wanted to be a Leafeon like you but now I don't know." "hm...well uhm...here" She dug in her satchel she had around her neck and shoulder. She pulled out a cloth and grabbed something in the cloth and pulled it out.

It was a leaf stone.

"If you want you can have it, just be careful not to touch it with your bare paws or you'll evolve. Just giving you an option" "really? Aren't leaf stones stupid expensive? and you're just going to give it to me just like that?" Sloth asked confused. "They are expensive here in town. I found this one while exploring." She said. "Here come with me, let's go buy you a satchel so you don't accidently evolve." Vine said. She got up and walked a little bit down the pathway. "you coming?"

Serious Stranger Danger vibes! But she is kind... perfect for a trap...but what would she gain from luring me into a trap?

"Yeah, I'm coming" Sloth said and hopped after her.

She smiled and they continued. "listen, I know this is more personal information so don't answer if you don't want to but what's your age?" She asked.

Serious VIBES!!

"I'm 7 going to turn 8 in a month or so." "nice so think of this as an early birthday present?? Although I barely know you, wait- You are older than me!?" "wait really?" "yeah! I'm only 7 and turning 8 in 7 months ''''I think I'm over age for evolving." Sloth said. "maybe, but yet again I've met an eevee who was 37 years old." She said and turned the corner. "HEY WATCH WHERE YOU'RE GOING!" Sloth turned the corner to see a Scrafty and a group of Scraggy looking angrily at Vine. "Sorry, didn't see you when I turned the corner." Vine walked around with Sloth following. "ugh I hate that group!" Vine whispered. "why?" They walk around thinking they own the place and pick on lower level pokemon. That Scrafty is level 52 He's pretty strong I wouldn't fight him If I were you." Vine explained. "jerks!" Sloth whispered as they got out of earshot from the group going up the street that went over a hill.

"yeah" Vine snickered. "what?" "it's really cute to see an eevee sound threatening. I don't know why but that was adorable." Sloth blushed. "l-let's just keep going." Sloth said. Vine smiled and giggled once more.

Sloth and Vine passed by a restaurant that seemed empty... but it was open. "Are you hungry?" Sloth asked. "A little bit, why?" Sloth nodded to the restaurant and they stopped walking. "I heard of that place; it's supposed to be really good... Why is no one else there?" She walked over to the restaurant door. "it's open I see a few poke." She shouted back and Sloth ran over. "I have a little bit of pokedollars," Sloth said and opened the door. "Ladies first." He smiled. Vine giggled at his gesture. She walked in and Sloth walked in but just before he did, he noticed the Scraggy group coming up the hill.