6

February 14th

it had been 1 month since Sloth had met with Vine, after their first day of meeting they hung out more. Sloth and Vine had gotten close over the month. Sloth now knew how to be a better fighter as a Jolteon. He mainly trained after school and hung out with Vine. Things were looking pretty good...

Midday, Sloth and Vine were strolling through the park.

"How did you do that?!?" Vine laughed, Sloth rubbed his head, "I'm tired, I didn't want to wake up this early on a weekend." "well, we can take a nap when we get back." "yeah...my place or your place?" "My parents aren't home, and I'm sure your aunt knows that. Plus, it would be weird if we went there without my parents there...if you know what I mean...the stereotype for when parents aren't home?" "Yeah, I get what you mean.... We are heading to my place then?"

"yeah, but first do you want something to eat? Miso soup, my treat."

"sure..." They walked past some flower patches and some hedges. Sloth stopped and looked at a group of red-scarlet flowers. Vine did not see him stop; Sloth cleared his throat. Vine turned around to look at him.

He had the flowers in a small bouquet, the scarlet red flowers out more while the darker and more vivid reds were towards the center. Vine blushed dark red, and her eyes widened in surprise. Sloth chuckled nervously. "uhm... Happy valentines' day!" Sloth exclaimed and handed her the flowers. "I-I..uhm...I-...Thank you..." She accepted the flowers

AHHHHHHHHHH I FORGOT TODAY WAS VALENTINE'S DAY! I FORGOT TO GET HIM SOMETHING!!! Vine panicked in her mind.

"hey, uhm...Vine you alright?" Sloth asked. "y-yyeah just uhm... flustered, I forgot today was valentine's day." Vine stated her blush cooling down. Vine smelled the flowers, "thank you, Sloth!" She smiled. He smiled. "Alright, let's go eat," Sloth said. "yeah." Vine said putting the flowers in a strap and on her back. They walked up the hill and turned right into the plaza with the Poke Café. This time no Scraggys, or Scrafty. Only an Oddish and a Vulpix were talking.

"it should be open today..." Sloth said running ahead to the window to peek in. "Yeah it's open" Sloth called, and Vine ran over to him. Sloth opened the door. "Ladies first" he smiled. She smiled and walked in. He glared at the street. "It's okay from what I heard they went to another town." Vine said walking back to him. "hm..." He nodded and walked in by her side. "two please" Vine said to the same Ninetales. "sure, follow me" She walked over to a table overlooking a different part of town. Vine giggled. "huh? What's funny?" "Your fur is drooping, and you look like a yellow Stoutland." Sloth looked at his fur and shook and it stood on end again. "here you two go" The Ninetales stepped away and Vine sat next to Sloth.

Ninetales passed them menus "remember ring the bell when you are ready to order."

"okay"

"Thank you" Vine smiled.

Ninetales walked away to the back. Vine stared at her menu for a minute while Sloth looked out the window at the Town. "Don't worry Scrafty and his Gang got chased off by the champion." Vine said without taking her eyes off the menu. "I'm still just paranoid since last time." Sloth said and then looked at his menu. "hey listen-" She placed her paw on his shoulder and her eyes widened in shock. "excuse me for saying this...but your fur is so soft..." She pressed her paw on his white neck fur. "I thought it was going to hurt since you're charged up but no it's a light tingling." Sloth blushed and pretended to not care. Sloth looked away and felt Vine leaned on him. Sloth blushed heavily and didn't look back. Vine nuzzled his fur a little and Sloth giggled and gently pushed her off. "Let's just eat and take a nap at home," Sloth said, and Vine nodded while blushing. 

They were at Sloths house in no time.

Vine hopped off and curled her head leaf. "that was fast, you've been training a lot more lately?"

"yep!" Sloth smiled. Vine smiled and playfully nudged his shoulder. Sloth almost fell over. "c'mon sleepy head." She went to the door and opened it. Sloth followed. The lights were off and talking came from the kitchen. "hello?" "is Sloth with you, Vine?" "Yeah, I'm here." Sloth shouted. "alright I need to go to work and your uncle is at work I need you to babysit Bubble." "I'M OLDER THAN HIM!!" Bubble complained. "no problem." Sloth laughed.

"Vine, you are welcome to stay." His aunt rushed to them, kissed Sloth's head and ran out the door. She ran back inside "no party while I'm gone." She spoke. "never planned to." Sloth responded and their aunt rushed out the door.

Vine walked into the kitchen. She lightly opened the fridge "hey is it okay if we have some sodas?" She shouted to Sloth who turned the corner. "Yeah" Sloth hopped onto the couch and stared at the fireplace. "Vine, why do you have flowers on your back?" Bubble asked and then gasped suddenly "Did Sloth give you those?!" Vine froze and looked down blushing "y-y-yeah, your brother gave these to me..." She said and shook her head and grabbed a can of soda. Flame walked down the stairs. "I think she forgot I even existed." He said referring to Sloth and Bubbles aunt. "maybe" Bubble giggled. "Hello cutest couple!" Flame said waving to Sloth and Vine. Vine and Sloth stopped and blushed. "ooooooooooohhh they are blushing! They love each other~" Bubble joined in on teasing. Flame laughed and sat next to Sloth on the couch. "its alright, just messing with you" Flame chuckled and leaned back.

"guess what."

"what?" Sloth asked, his blush fading.

"I got a job opportunity from a Slyveon who needs a whole set of Eeveelutions. They have an Umbreon, Espeon and Slyveon. I told them we can go just need permission and I never checked with your aunt. Could you ask her? So she doesn't bury me in the backyard?" Sloth laughed. "that would be awesome to see but sure."

"Thanks," Bubble leaped and tackled Sloth, making him headbutt Flame. "hehehehe" She giggled at Sloths lifeless expression and Flame holding his head and trembling in pain. "Bubble could you not torment your friend and Brother?" Vine said, handing a soda to her. "okay..." her ears drooped, she opened the can and started to drink. "Vine...I think I'm just going to sleep right here..." Sloth said. "that's fine" she smiled, and Bubble hopped off her brother and went to the single recliner chair. "why don't you sleep next to him." Bubble smirked and resumed drinking her soda. "I-I..." Vine stuttered and blushed again. Flame jumped up and headed to the kitchen, "I'm making something to eat, anyone else want something?"

"No thanks, me and Sloth already ate." "YES PLEASE!! I'M STARVING AND YOUR COOKING IS BEST!!" Bubble shouted. Flame smiled "thanks Bubble. Do you want anything specific or just whatever?" "I'll take anything." Bubble responded and noticed Vine laid down next to Sloth.

Vine laid next to Sloth who was already sleeping,

Cute... NOT AGAIN!! C'mon he's my friend...he's my friend...but does he think of me as a friend?

Vine thought and felt something poke her back. She looked to her left and saw Bubble. "what's wrong?" Vine asked and Bubble smirked. "you and my brother are the cutest couple, you two are having a hard time because it's valentine's day and everyone is calling you a couple. No matter how much you deny it I know you have feelings for him." Bubble whispered in her ear. Vines tail, ears and her posture went straight up. "N-n-n-no I like him as a friend!" Vine covered her face which was turning red. "you say that but get flustered every time we bring something like this up."

"Pokemon also blush from embarrassment!" Vine stated. Sloth shifted "Bubble go away...I look asleep but I'm awake and heard exactly what you said, I don't have those feelings for Vine and Vine doesn't have those types of feelings for me. It's a friend relationship, not dating" Sloth said, opening his eyes.

Vine nodded "right! Friends" Bubbles ears drooped, and she walked into the kitchen. "you are so lucky you don't have an older or younger sibling." Sloth said and yawned. "now I think I will really fall asleep." Sloth closed his eyes and placed his head on his paws. "night" Vine said getting up.

I really said I do not have those feelings for her... but what if she does like me? I probably just hurt her by saying that... this is confusing...Girls are confusing...Crushing on someone is confusing. 

Sloth drifted off...