7

a week later

Bubble walked into her home with Sloth and Vine behind her. "Hey Bubble, Sloth come here!!" their Uncle shouted. Sloth and Bubble ran and almost knocked each other over. "They turned the corner "what's wrong..." they looked at the kitchen counter and saw a rectangle of vanilla cake with swirls of frosting lining the bottom. Sloths mouth watered. "what's the occasion?" Bubble asked.

their Uncle, Aunt and Flame stared at them in shock. "you really don't know?!" Flame shouted.

Sloth winced at how loud he was. Vine laughed. "Please tell me you know, Sloth." Vine said, "I think I do?" Sloth looked at her confused. She giggled.  Their Uncle picked up Bubble and lifted her high enough so she could see the top of the cake. "H-ha-happy b-b-irt-birthday, Sloth and Bubble" Bubble read out loud. "It's our birthday?!?!" Bubble freaked out. "how did we not remember??" Sloth asked himself. Vine bumped him. "Maybe if you weren't so focused on the tournament that is happening later this week you would have remembered." Vine chuckled. "Happy Birthday" Vine smiled. Sloth smiled back and put his paw over hers

"Ship~" Bubble smirked and crossed her arms. Uncle sighed and put her down, Sloth and Vine scooted away from each other with an embarrassed look on both of their faces "alright, which order do you prefer, Bubble. "Presents and cake or cake and Presents?" Their aunt asked. "Cake first!" Bubble jumped up and down. Everyone smiled at her energy. Uncle grabbed a cake cutter and started cutting individual slices. He passed the first slice to Bubble who devoured it in less than 5 seconds.

Sloth and Vines expressions could be described in one word. Shocked

After everyone ate one slice, Uncle brought over a small blue box to Bubble and a decently sized rectangle shape box for Sloth. Vine sat next to Sloth and smiled. "this one is from me." Vine whispered to Sloth and pointed to the yellow and white striped box.

Sloth smiled and let Bubble open her present. She pulled the top of the aqua blue case and saw in the inner aqua green wrapping was a water stone. Her eyes glistened at the sight. She looked at her aunt and uncle. They smiled and nodded. Bubble placed her paw on it, and she started was consumed by a blinding light.

Everyone looked away from how bright it was, when the light faded, a Vaporeon stood where Bubble was.

She looked at her paws and tail, her eyes in amazement. She hopped up and down, messed with her frill a bit and tackle hugged her aunt and uncle. "Thank you!!!" she cheered. They both laughed and hugged her back. Sloth and Vine looked at them and smiled. "she looks just like mom..." Sloth looked down and smiled. Vine put her paw on his. "You alright?" She asked. "Yeah I'm fine.." Slow looked back up.

"Sloth, why don't you open the present Vine got you?" his aunt suggested.

Sloth turned and smiled at Vine before opening the present. Inside was a dark ocean blue folded scarf, and a satchel. He looked at them with a loving smile and then at Vine who smiled at him. "I knew you'd like them," Vine giggled. "go ahead and try them on." Auntie said. Sloth nodded and grabbed the scarf first. Its silky texture softer than anything he had ever felt before.

He wrapped it around his neck, and it draped down his side. Vine scooped it up and laid the excess on his back. She patted it twice and walked in front of Sloth. "How is it?" She asked. "It's so soft~" Sloth sat and patted the scarf a couple times. Vine put her paw on it. "it is" She smiled at him. "thank you." Vine grabbed the satchel, and put it around his neck and shoulder. "There, all set" Vine giggled. "Thank you Vine!" Sloth praised and pulled her into a hug. Vine was initially startled but leaned into him anyway. Bubble and Flame were chuckling. Their aunt turned to the two. "What is funny?" She raised a brow in question. Flame and Bubble had tears in their eyes as they started to full on laugh. "What's so funny?" Their uncle asked, turning to them. "V-voth!" Bubble fell back and laughed hysterically. "No no no!" Flame wheezed. "Sine!" Flame fell onto his back as well and the two started to "die" in laughter. "I think one slice of cake was enough for today" Uncle sighed. "Yep"  Aunt nodded in agreement and snickered.