Preparations

Eythan's pov
When she held out the gun and pointed it to my head, I was shocked. The look in her eyes was BEYOND dangerous. She was so angry by the way I was touching her and she clearly hated that she was falling for my touch.
After she told me about meeting at Monty hill, I felt better. She at least gave me a chance, but what puzzled me the most was when she told me to leave after she does so that I won't get caught.

This is becoming even more and more interesting. I thought.

I should think of an excuse to leave work early tomorrow, and I have to make sure I'm not followed.

Leen's pov

I made my way out of my apartment and headed straight to my car. While I was on the phone with the Italian mafia I wore a mini scarf to hide the marks he gave me on my neck . The ride back to the mafia house was silent and Sam sensed my anger so he asked me multiple times if I'm okay. I lied and said that I will miss my apartment and my alone time. But really my time all alone away from people is important to me and now it got taken away from me.

You might wonder why I told the general to change his appearance and that I'll do the same well, it's because I'm wanted by the U.S government. It's not like I wasn't but before the ball, only few people knew who I was. Now my pictures are on every single tv channel, even posters of my pictures are placed on the walls of Los Angeles.

We made it back to the house safely. I stepped out of the car and took 2 bags with me and the guys helped me with the rest.

"Hey bestiee!" Dayna greeted me. I didn't see him this morning. He was asleep, probably had a long night with some girl.

"Hey Danz!" I hugged him tightly.

"What's that tiny scarf for, it's not looking good with your outfit. Take it off." Before I know it, he removed the scarf. His jaw dropped to the floor, a shocked expression took over his face as he scanned the hickeys on my neck.

"Bestie ar-are those hickeys?" He asked me completely confused.

"Yes." I replied feeling the heat reach it's way to my forehead and I was sure by now that my face turned red.

"Oh my god bestie! Who is the lucky guy? And wait didn't you go pick up your things from the apartment? WAIT! These weren't there yesterday so they're fresh! OH MY LORD WHEN DID YOU HAVE TIME TO GET THEM??" He was starting to get on my nerves with all these questions.

"I asked him to meet me at my apartment, he has spare keys. I haven't seen him in 2 weeks since I was busy preparing for the ball. He didn't know I work for a mafia until he saw my pictures on tv yesterday. So he deserves an explanation but I kinda didn't explain a thing since we were umm busy ya know." I winked at him and he started laughing completely amused by the story. I hated lying to him. He seemed really happy for me.

I'm sorry for lying to you bestie, but I can't tell you the truth. At least not now. I said to myself.

"Danya please don't tell anyone, especially boss. If he knows about him he'll think he's a threat and he'll forbid me from seeing him." I pleaded

"Alright I won't don't worry, but are you sure he's not threat. I mean he could be working for the military or something?" He was concerned

Little did Danny know that the guy was the military itself. GOD! Danny is gonna be angry with me once he finds out the truth.

"Don't worry Danny, I've done my research on him. He's no danger to me." I assured him and he seemed to relax.

"I have to go to my room to unpack and I certainly need to cover the hickeys." I smiled and Danya chuckled.

Leen's pov

I finished unpacking in an hour, I also covered my hickeys with makeup.

I went back to boss's office and we finished some work. I was zoning out every now and then and boss seemed to notice.

"Лин, дорогая, ты в порядке?" Boss asked if I'm okay.

"да, босс, я в полном порядке, меня немного беспокоит то, что происходит в последнее время." I told them I'm a bit concerned about the situation.

"Don't worry everything is going to be okay, oh and I switched back to English because It's not the time to torture your brain with the translation thing." I chuckled and yeah he was right.

"Hahahahaha thanks boss!" I replied with a smile on my face. I wish his words were able to comfort me but the fact that I was doing things behind boss's back, had me zoning out again.

The day passed by quickly, I went to the the supply room where all the weapons and gear we use during attacks are placed. There is a specific section were we keep wigs and materials that help us disguise ourselves during missions.
I grabbed a wing and some temporary tattoos that I'm going to place on my neck and arms. I also took some green contact lenses and headed out.

I went to sleep hoping that things will go as planned tomorrow.