Lies

Leen's pov

I woke up the next morning and felt strong arms around my waist. It was Eythan. His face was buried in the crook of my neck and his breath was tickling me. I tried to get out of bed but he didn't let me.

"Come back here baby, you ain't going anywhere." He increased his grip on my waist and then turned me around to face him.

"Did you sleep well Eythan?" I asked him, he clearly didn't sleep all night. I felt him moving all night and hugging me in all different ways trying to sleep.

"Yes baby." He replied softly. I knew this was a lie.

"You know what Eythan, you better stop lying to me and go back to sleep. You were acting weird after I finished my shower. May I know why?" I heard him last night talking on the phone but I couldn't properly hear the conversation. He was talking to someone named stassie and I kind of want to know who she is. His voice was low and I could feel that there was something wrong.

"Nothing babe, I was sad that you didn't let me wash that body of yours." Again he lied.

"Oh well, I'll go finish some work and you get some sleep. We have a busy day today." With that I removed his hand off my waist and kissed his lips before walking out of the room.

I closed the door of the room behind me and walked to my laptop. I turned it on and did my research on Eythan and found everything about him, including siblings, parents, achievements and boy that's impressive. He saved the life of the minister of defense.

Stassie turned out to be his sister, also part of the military. I stalked her on Instagram and found out that her fiancee died a week ago. Wait what? He's also in the military and he died on the exactly same day I got arrested.

She posted a photo of him and her with the caption:

Who ever killed you will pay for it, she won't escape again. I will have justice for you my dear Mason. May your soul rest in peace.

The question is who is 'she' that stassie was referring to.

Eythan's phone rang and the caller's ID was main. I picked it up and answered.

"Hello sir! How is everything going in Paris? Got any Intel about the illegal work your 'lover' is involved in?" A lot of people started laughing. I could tell that the caller put this call on speaker and she was surrounded by a lot of people.

I ended the call immediately after this.

"Babe, what's wrong?" Eythan was standing behind me still kind of sleepy.

"You- you got a call and I answered it." He looked at me with a terrified look in his eyes.

"You did what?" He suddenly yelled. "Who told you to answer my phone, how dare you do this without my permission?" He screamed snatching the phone from my hand.

"I thought it was important!" I spit out. I was so angry at him, he was hiding something and I knew it. "What's the problem with me answering your phone? You've never seen a girlfriend answering her boyfriend's phone?" I challenged him with the word girlfriend to see his reaction. The way what I assumed, his team said 'lover' , I was sure I'm only an object to him.

"Girlfriend?" He chuckled, mocking my words.

"See exactly!" I snapped. "The person on the phone was asking about your 'lover' as if you are playing me or something. " I looked right into his eyes and saw him trembling. He was shocked and nervous, I knew something was gonna happen.

"No no babe please listen I'm sorry I didn't mean i-" I cut him off

"Listen to me, if you are using our relationship as a way to get information about my mafia work, then stop wasting your time. You ain't getting a thing from me." I was furious and I swear I saw him get scared of my actions.

"Leen please listen, calm down! " He said. I decided to listen to him and see what lies he's gonna come up with.

"I'm listening, let's see what you have to say." I raised my eyebrow and smirked, ready to mock whatever he's gonna say.

"Carlos told my team about us and since then, they never stopped making fun of me. I always told them that I'll never like anyone, and here I am with you. Falling for you more and more every passing second. Don't listen to what they just said! Please Leen believe me."
He begged.

"Then explain to me why she said 'Got any Intel about the illegal work your 'lover' is involved in' . Ladies and gentlemen, he was speechless.

"She said what?" He asked trying to think about a lie while I repeat my words.

"You heard me." I grabbed my purse ready to head out but he stopped me.
He pinned me to a wall and brought his face closer to mine.

"I admit it. This was a plan to get close to you and get proof of the illegal work you're involved in so that we can arrest you or else we have no right to do so. The reason why we stopped the media from posting about you was also because we had no right to arrest you that night. The forces sent me here to complete mission unknown which is getting to know more about your work in the mafia." He paused to look at my face and I was shocked. I had a bad feeling about this relationship and I regret not listening to my gut feeling.

"Despite all this, my feelings for you were all true. Nothing was an act! All the kisses were full of need and love and passion AND YOU KNOW IT! Don't you dare lie about your feelings for me too. Did you really think that it was easy for me to ignore the 'I love you message' that you sent days ago. I just couldn't let my feelings control my work. But here I am, confessing my love to you and exposing this mission. " He said with tears in his eyes.

"I love you Leen, I can't believe that I've known you for only 10 days and I'm already giving you my heart. Please tell me you love me!" He sighed in defeat. "Please say it!" He was weak really weak.

"I- I can't do this right now. I need time to think, and how am I supposed to trust you again. You might be lying just like you've been doing this entire time. What proves to me that you're not lying right now and that you're just trying to fix things so that your mission doesn't fail." I said pushing him off me.

"I'm going for a walk, if you want to have breakfast or anything don't wait for me. I'm gonna be home late." I left him in the center of the living room broken and I wasn't giving a shit about his condition because his sad and guilty expression might also be an act.

Eythan's pov

Her vacation hasn't even started yet and I already broke her. I was thinking of quitting this game, and stop contacting main but I can't do this. It's my job.

I grabbed my phone to call main and tell them about the mess they created.

"Hello sir, what happened to your line minutes ago?" John asked.

"Just tell the stupid team that Leen was the one that answered the phone and she knew about the mission and left the apartment. She was beyond furious because of Kelly's stupid behaviour. Why did she start talking before she was given a permission to. I trained her for years not to ruin this mission just like that, just because she felt the need to mock my relationship with Leen."

"Brother, you can fix this right?" Gosh! Stassie and her revenge.

"I don't know but it will take time. Never call me again unless I do. And never talk unless you are given the permission to from me. DO YOU UNDERSTAND?"

"Yes sir!" They replied and I ended the call.

I'm a jerk Leen, I don't deserve you!