Chapter 1

After the battle at the Ministry and the death of his Godfather, Harry was sent back to his guardians in Privet Drive. No one spared him a glance when he begged for somewhere else to stay. Ron, Hermione, Ginny, Molly, Arthur and Dumbledore just turned away and walked off. They knew of his home life, yet they didn't care one bit.

Harry had been doubting his friendships since the Triwizard Tournament. Ron and Hermione had turned on him so fast, not stopping to let him explain that he really didn't want to take part. Most of his teachers began to ignore him too, especially Dumbledore. No one had really spoken to him apart from Neville, Luna and the Weasley twins since the tournament, if not insulting him.

Neville and Harry had never been particularly close, but as Ron was ignoring him, Harry took his time to reach out to the plant-loving boy. He found that he was extremely loyal and a rather good friend. The new duo became a trio after the boys found Luna being teased by some older ravens and stepped in.

The three became extremely close. Even after Ron and Hermione apologised they stayed together. It was obvious how happy and free Harry seemed around his new friends compared to old. But of course, with Harry's luck, all good things must come to an end.

After the second week of 5th year - and spending less time with Ron and Hermione - Harry was called to Dumbledore's office and lectured about keeping his friends close in trying times as he needed loyal people by his side - a load of rubbish if you asked Harry.

This was when Harry really started to get suspicious. He began to pay more attention to those around him and listened more carefully when no one thought he was. Soon he realised wherever he went, either Ron or Hermione was nearby, as if they were spying on him. Another red flag was both of them being able to follow him while he wore his invisibility cloak.

He was debating whether to ask them what was going on, but before he could they backed off.

Things were normal for a few weeks, until they forced him into a stupid defence group. Harry had never wanted to teach. He despised attention and sticking him in front of a group of people showing them how to do things gave him exactly that. Though, now he could spend time with Neville and Luna without being criticised.

The visions from 'Voldemort' confused him to no end. He hadn't had visions in his dreams since the Triwizard Tournament, so why were they starting again now? After the dream about Arthur, he thought it better to tell someone than do nothing. But the man recovered from being on the brink of death, to perfect health in a mere few hours. He had wanted to approach Sirius, but he wasn't allowed near the man by himself. Ginny was clinging to any piece of him she could, Molly was being an overbearing 'mother' and Ron dragged him away to their room as soon as he could.

When the vision of Sirius came, he knew there was something weird going on. Sirius wasn't stupid enough to go out in the street let alone the ministry for Christ's sake. But once again, he thought better to be safe than sorry and told Hermione.

Next thing he knew, Neville, Luna, Ron, Ginny, Hermione and himself were battling Death Eaters for a stupid prophecy. Harry was actually trying to give it to Lucius to avoid anyone getting hurt, but of course, Hermione thought it would be a good idea to attack Lucius as he was holding it, and it broke.

Spells were fired all over the place. Members of the Order flying in to save the day. Harry's mind went blank, one minute he and Sirius were duelling side by side, the next his Godfather was falling backwards into the veil.

Luna, Neville and Remus watched helplessly as Harry screamed and cried, trying his best to find a way to bring his Godfather back. They had to physically drag him away as he sobbed. Each of their hearts broke as they saw their friend break. The boy's only remaining family had died in front of his eyes. Even the Death Eaters felt sympathetic, watching the light leave the young boy's eyes. Everyone could see he had given up.

To top it all off, he had to duel Voldemort. He was finally about to accept this fate to die, pass on and spend time with his family, when Dumbledore showed up with his huge hero complex and saved the day. Harry simply crawled to the corner and folded in on himself. His brain hadn't yet accepted Sirius' death. He only snapped out of his thoughts when Voldemort took over his body.

Harry knew he should be strong and keep fighting, but if everyone was going to die for him, was it really worth it? No. That's what Harry thought. But he knew he had to fight. He had to give hope to his friends. He had to motivate the others. But he didn't know how.

After pushing Voldemort out, he looked around and saw the entire Ministry staring at him. At least they would believe him now. Hundreds of reporters with cameras flooded in, overwhelming him with questions. Dumbledore stood at his side pushing him away from the crowd and back to his friends.

Neville and Luna ran to him, smothering him in a loving embrace, whispering calming things into his ears. Dumbledore saw this and discretely signalled Ron and Hermione to take over. They pushed them out of the way and dragged Harry into the fireplace back to Grimmauld Place.

Neville and Luna weren't part of the Order so they wouldn't be able to find him.

The entire Order walked on eggshells around him apart from The Weasleys and Hermione. They acted as if nothing happened, that no one was missing - that they weren't staying in a dead man's home. The Twins and Remus were the only people Harry spoke to. They made him feel safe and comfortable. Though this wasn't for long as before he knew it, Harry was whisked away to the Dursley's.

Over the years, Harry had told Dumbledore and his friends of the abuse he received from The Dursleys. He begged for somewhere else to stay but was told he was 'overreacting' and 'being dramatic'. They offered no help whatsoever. This year was different. He hadn't planned on mentioning it, as he knew the response he would get. So when Dumbledore came to him and told him, 'Do not ask for somewhere else to stay. You MUST stay with your family'. Putting emphasis on 'family'. He also wasn't given a chance to reply before he was apparated to Privet Drive and left alone stood outside. With a heavy sigh, he knocked on the door.

Vernon opened it with a sinister smile. 'Welcome Home' Harry bitterly thought.