Chapter 9: USA

Following his two month stay in Thailand, Harrison decided to spend the next 9 months travelling America. He figured he would choose 9 states and spend a month or so in each.

His first destination was the home of the American Ministry of Magic; Maryland. The American Ministry actually worked quite closely with the American Government, much to Harrison's surprise. He found that the wizards helped maintain the harvest all year round to ensure that their entire population had enough food and the no-majs supplied wizards with materials for buildings and they both collaborated with experimenting by mixing magic and mundane things.

Harrison thought that it was phenomenal. While he appreciated that not every single person was informed about the magical community, those who were hadn't tried to expose it nor destroy it. He didn't know where Britain went wrong.

The first thing Harrison did when he was told about the wizard's work with the harvests, was ask if he could assist for two weeks. He knew he was giving up half of his stay in this state but he could only imagine what the knowledge of these spells could do to help Britain and countries alike become more self-sustainable. Even if those spells were only used to benefit magical communities it would reduce the risk of exposing magic as it would allow wizards to limit their interactions with no-majs to get food.

He had specifically asked the wizards that he worked with for the history of the spells and was shocked to find out that they were only created 28 years ago; when the magical community worked with the mundane to help each other. The wizard in charge, Brian Whitlock, explained that the theory of the spell had been invented by a no-maj farmer who worked in a region with particularly bad weather.

Brian told him that the spells had been announced to the International Confederation of Wizards the year they'd been created. This led Harrison to question just who was responsible for hindering the British magical community. Soon he would realise, he was very familiar with the person.

His two weeks on the farms passed quickly so he thanked the people he'd worked with and went on his way.

The first no-maj attraction he found was the national aquarium. Harrison had ended up staying until it closed as, due to his gift in parseltongue, he could hear the conversations between the sea-snakes. The serpents had been charismatic, cheeky and sarcastic - especially when insulting the other visitors.

He had spent many a day sitting near their enclosure as he went over the reports Neville had compiled from the Wizengamot meetings. Since the boys had come of age, they had been very busy discussing each and every law that people attempted to pass. They made sure, or at least tried to make sure, that they knew the effects each law would have on the different groups of people in magical Britain and how that the laws could be manipulated and bent to mean other things.

Unsurprisingly, they'd found loopholes in every law as well as ulterior motives that could result in specific groups, mainly dark creatures like werewolves and vampires, being targeted and persecuted. Harrison had exposed every one of these through Neville. Not one of the laws stood a chance after Harrison's investigations. When he'd legally been able to declare Neville as his proxy, it was announced that all laws passed using the seats, that Dumbledore had illegally taken control of, were to be re voted due to a discrepancy.

Unfortunately, he couldn't expose Dumbledore there and then, as there was anonymous voting, however, it did mean that any votes that Dumbledore would've definitely lost without Harrison's seats, could now be removed.

Luckily, Wizengamot sessions were only once a month and while they lasted a few hours, depending on the topics of discussion and laws put forward, all members got a report a week before detailing the content that would be discussed. Harrison could go over the file in 2 nights and make comments for Neville to bring up.