Chapter 2

The first month of the summer holidays was hell. The beatings were more frequent than before, and a lot more severe. Vernon had taken a liking to whipping Harry with his belt and letting Dudley 'practice his art' with knives on his back. Petunia liked putting his hands on the hot stove or iron. Dudley and his friends brought back 'Harry Hunting'. His entire body was covered in bruises and scars. He was unrecognisable.

As expected, the worst beatings came the day before and day of his birthday. All three Dursleys took turns torturing Harry, in any way they wanted, continuously - apart from when they were sleeping or eating. Except today, 30th July 1996, Vernon had lost a significant investor at his company, which of course, was Harry's fault.

Harry was beaten for 6 hours, non stop. Whips, belts, knives, bats, pans and an iron. Anything you could think of, it was used. By the time Vernon was finished Harry was barely conscious. His breathing was shallow, all of the colour in his face was reduced to a sickly white. Before he could completely close down, an excruciating pain shot down his spine and through his head.

When he woke the next morning he was thoroughly confused. He was in no pain. None. At all.

He shot out of bed and rushed to the bathroom, where he looked in the mirror. He audibly gasped. Two huge wings spread from his back. They were jet black, with small white specs that looked like stars but also seemed holographic when he moved as the black changed into deep purples and blues. They weren't feathered wings though, they were like a dragon. He had patches of purple and blue scales in different places and two black horns protruding from his head. His eyes flashed gold and his iris became thinner, more snakelike.

He also realised he had grown a bit taller. He previously stood at 5'5" but now he was easily 6'. He couldn't see any more physical changes.

Harry sprinted back to his room, searching for his book on magical creatures. He remembered Remus mentioning creature inheritances when he taught DADA. Before he could find anything, he noticed a letter on his bed, it said:

Dear Harrison Potter-Black,

It has come to our attention that you have come into your creature inheritance. If you could come to us at your earliest convenience it would be much appreciated. In the envelope you will find a word-activated portkey that will bring you to Gringotts. When you are ready say, 'Galleon'.

Regards, King Ragnok, Chief of Gringotts.

'Harrison? I didn't know my name was Harrison!' He thought, 'Better to go now before Vernon wakes up.'

He picked up the portkey and said, "Galleon".

In a second he was in the lobby of Gringotts, which was surprisingly empty. He made his way to the goblin in charge.

"Excuse me, Master Goblin, I have received a summons to yourselves." Harry's eyes widened, the formal greeting coming from his mouth like an instinct.

"Follow me, Mr Potter-Black, we have been trying to contact you for months. I suspect someone has intercepted your mail. I am King Ragnok, I handle all creature inheritances." The goblin explained.

"I agree, I haven't received any mail from anyone with the exception of friends." He replied as they came to stop in front of a door with a plaque on it:  ' King Ragnok's Office'

"Please come in Mr Potter-Black, we have much to discuss. Though first you must take an inheritance test. It will reveal all Lord and Heirships you possess, any spells, potions or compulsions currently and previously on your person and any special abilities."

Ragnok placed a charmed piece of parchment in front of him and provided a goblin made dagger.

"Slice the palm of your hand with this, put 7 drops of blood on the parchment."