Chapter 8:

Harrison moved into Asia next. He intended to spend 6 months exploring and learning as much as he could

He wanted to learn about their cultures and traditions and the major languages.

After his two month stay in Russia, Harrison ventured off into Japan. As he had spent all of his time in Russia with a No-Maj, he was determined to spend the first month at least in the Japanese magical community. He apparated himself straight into the Japanese Ministry and got recommendations as to where to visit after taking another 2 day course to learn Japanese. His affinity for languages was coming in handy.

The first person he'd spoken to suggested that he visit the Imperial Palace as the first magical beings had stayed there and had continued to, to this day.

While Harrison was visiting, he met the Emperor, who was magical himself and spent 3 weeks learning from the man himself. Similarly to the other countries he had been to, there were no restrictions on magic. He had even learned a fighting technique which was a combination of the no-maj martial art aikido and wandless magic.

The Emperor had explained that whilst their country had been under attack, the No-majs and Wizards had come together and thrived. They had created this method of fighting for their Wizarding community so that they wouldn't have to rely on wands and didn't have to expose their world by having them. The No-Maj scientists had collaborated with the wizards and with some experimentation, they found a way for spells to become colourless and therefore practically invisible to their enemies. This development combined with their new fighting tactics allowed the Japanese to defeat their attackers and build a co-existing society for all of their people.

Harrison was surprised to see just how many Japanese people were Magical. Due to their tolerance for all races of magical beings, whether it be vampires, veela or werewolves, and the fact that they had no care for blood purity, wizards often married and reproduced with No-majs after their collaboration and the overwhelming majority of the Japanese population was somewhat magical.

It brought tears to Harrison's eyes, seeing a whole country united, living as one with little to no discrimination was heartwarming. He also came to find out that while there were separate magical and non-magical governments and communities, everyone was aware of magic. No-Majs used magical objects and inventions in their daily lives and despite having different schools for magical and non, squibs were taught both magical and non-magical subjects.

For example, while their magical core wasn't big enough to actually cast spells, it was big enough to support the requirement for potion making and herbology and Care of magical creatures. Normal no-majs were also taught care of magical creatures due to the agreement that magical beings and creatures wouldn't be hidden.

The only exception was that no-maj visitors who weren't Japanese found themselves forgetting any interactions with magical things to ensure the safety of their people.

When Harrison had been talking with some of the other students of the Emperor, he had revealed that he had mage sight. The group had been delighted as the majority of them were too and hadn't met a wizard with the sight outside of their own country for so long.

The 7 wizards who had the ability helped Harrison learn how to turn it on and off and what it was most useful for. They had told him that each colour he saw represented something different; for example, love related magic was red and compulsive magic was blue and the texture the colour appeared showed what type of magic was used;for example, if the colour appeared spiky it was likely to be a charm but if it appeared reflective it was a rune; and the opacity determined the strength; the more solid the colour was, the stronger the magic.

After all of Harrisons lessons with the Emperor and some of the other wizards he met, he was declared an ally to the Japanese people, both magical and not.