Chapter 5: Italy

Harrison was extremely excited to travel around Italy. They had an incredible magical and muggle history and their magical community was one of the biggest in the world. He planned to spend about 2 months travelling Italy and 2 months studying their magic.

Each country had different Ministries, meaning the content taught at schools was different. They also had different laws making 'dark magic' legal to be taught and practised. Most places didn't categorise magic, they just let it be. It seemed only Britain was divided into light and dark as no other country in the world had banned pieces of magic. It was international knowledge that magic wasn't what made a witch or wizard 'evil', it was their intent. Seems Britain missed the memo.

Harrison started in Milan, visiting more museums and even taking part in fashion week. He had heard about it from Petunia during his time with the Dursleys and when he was invited to see behind the scenes of Vogue, he happily accepted.

He was touring behind the scenes with Anna Wintour, one of the editors, when the featured male model was discovered with drugs. Anna immediately started freaking out before realising Harrison could fill in.

He had agreed immediately, wanting to help anyway he could, but denied the feature. Unfortunately for him, Anna insisted he play the featured role and found himself on the cover of Vogue and multiple news outlets who reported on Fashion Week. Though somehow this didn't make its way into the British magical world's hands as they were still oblivious to his whereabouts.

Fred and George had joined Harrison in Venice, where he had travelled to after Milan, and stayed with him for Yule and until he left for Bologna.

The three caused mischief all over the city and had the time of their lives experimenting with new magic. The twins now had an abundance of new knowledge, allowing them to make never-seen-before products for their shop. Though they had enjoyed seeing the historical buildings as well.

The trio managed to befriend some Italian wizards while they had been experimenting with their new magical knowledge; Luciano, Alessandro and Andrea. The new group of six became fast friends, performing harmless pranks on the No-maj public, making sure not to use too much magic.

The three Italians taught the Brits how Yule was celebrated in Italy. While not too different to the British ceremony, Yule was mainly celebrated as a whole magical village. Each town and village which housed magical beings had a huge campfire in the centre to be used for every magical holiday and festive event. Luciano had told them that it was to ensure that everyone in their area felt included and so that the community's magic was connected. According to Alessandro, this strengthens each individual's magic therefore strengthening the whole community.

Harrison and the twins had thought this was incredible. It united people on a deeper level than Britain could ever dream of, especially with all of the bans on magic. Harrison vowed to himself that he would never make a home in Britain if it remained how it was currently as he couldn't even think of restricting himself after all that he had discovered.

Luckily, their friends all came from the same village and after a few meetings between Harrison, Fred, George and The Mayor, prior to Yule, the three Brits had been invited to their Yule celebration.

Harrison was also surprised to find that many Italian magical communities functioned similarly to that of a No-Maj one. Each town or village had an elected mayor who was a spokesperson inside the Italian equivalent of the Wizengamot. He thought this was a more fair and suitable governing method, especially compared to that of the British one as anyone, who was well liked by their village, could be a voice for their people.

To Harrison's surprise, he also saw a familiar face at the celebration: Blaise Zabini. Harrison had never directly encountered Zabini, but he had spared a glance many a time, admiring the greek-god-esque physique the boy had. Blaise and his friends were among the few Slytherins who kept to their own business and ever tried to antagonise him. He wondered for a moment if Blaise would recognise him, before shaking his head and submerging himself in the celebrations.