FIVE

(◍•ᴗ•◍)✧*。

Sometimes we decide to live with the wound and get used to the pain. Sometimes we search for cure to get rid off the pain. Other times, the universe moulds life in such way that healing seems, the only way out.

(12th May, 2019. Friday. Rome, Italy)

Ashton household was beaming with happiness. Their daughter in law and her new born baby were coming home, to their mansion for the first time. And well, according to her it was a simple family dinner. Little did she know.

David dressed up in his best shirt because his sister was an important and the way she smiled after seeing him after a year, he would trade the world to see that smile again.

Coming out of his room, he saw the mansion decorated like a bride on an alter with a huge 'Welcome Erica and Eve!' written on the railing to the first floor.

He saw James and Jess standing near the entrance giving instructions to the helpers, while Embrey was arranging some stuff near the couch.

He went towards the room across his and saw one beautiful woman smiling warmly at him. She was seated in her wheelchair ready to go downstairs.

"Shall we go Nonna? You are my plus one tonight!", He pointed out going behind her wheelchair.

Nonna scoffed, "I deserve better."

He chuckled, "Yeah. According to your age, you do!"

She turned and smacked his arm, leaving him amused.

When Eric left his parent's place to come and live with Nonna during the hardest years of his childhood, David followed because he wanted to be by Eric's side. At that time, Nonna was all a mother, a father, a friend to both of them.

He and Nonna both were dirty minded, or as they said had a 'sexy imagination' which made them click together more. And after seeing her again, he regrets leaving altogether. Not that he would admit it to himself or anyone else.

*

Downstairs all lights were off. Eric opened the main door rolling his eyes.

"Listen everybody! No balloons bursting here! My son is afraid of balloons! And no one will yell because my daughter is sleeping!"

The lights switched on and everyone groaned in displeasure, "You are the only one yelling Eric!", James pointed.

Erica came slowly inside, her hand holding her daughter and another Oliver's as be walked with small steps.

"Wow!", She whispered as she saw the decorations. 'Welcome Erica and Eve' was written in huge letters and their was beautiful pink and red themed decorations.

She then looked at the people. Everyone significant stood there smiling widely at her and Nonna too was waiting impatiently to see her great grand daughter.

Taking Oli with her, she went straight to where Nonna sat. Like it is his throne chair, Oli took a place on Nonna's lap, as she bent her head to kiss his innocent face.

"Nonna! Baby!", He said intrigued pointing at Eve in Erica's lap.

Erica gently placed Eve on Nonna's lap making enough room for both kids.

Seeing the blue green eyes and curly brown hairs, Nonna was overwhelmed as she looked at the replica of his beloved children. She knew she would die happily now. She was assured her Eric is no more suffering.

Leaving the kids to Nonna as everyone surrounded the three, Oliver chatting non-stop, her eyes searched for one person. Her brother.

She wondered where he was. He didn't come to hospital yesterday and she was worried he'd leave again.