EIGHT

Oliver's picture above^

Happy reading!

*

Distance is harsh. But being near yet distant is harsher.

(◍•ᴗ•◍)✧*。

D A V I D    W E L L I N G T O N

"Just go David!"

I looked at her skeptical, "Are you sure Jess?"

She nodded, "Go inside."

And with that she pushed me in.
I stumbled inside nervous, the two packets in my hand.

I looked around the room, and saw it was empty except a small light lighting up the area near the crib.

I could hear the shower running. Erica was most probably in the washroom. I should keep these and leave as soon as I can.

I walked towards the crib and it was difficult to admit that these little kids were making me nervous. Even when they were both sleeping.

  - God! Where did the confident David go? Freaking out before these pea sized kids!

The smaller crib was Eve's, and she was even smaller than that. Curled up in her small blanket, she slept peacefully as her brown curls fluttered because of the light air coming from the air conditioner.

I couldn't help but smile. Why do they have to look so innocent? I mean even they would turn humans with vicious brains. The world wouldn't let them live if they remain so innocent forever.

  - is there a pill that can cause them to not grow up?

I chuckled at my insane thoughts and kept the bag with the toy gun near her legs. Wouldn't want her to hurt herself while sleeping.

Walking ahead two steps, another alluring view welcomed me. Well alluring not in the sense that had me smiling but alluring that had my breath hitched.

Since I have come back, this 'little shit' has always managed to do this. As if trying to choke me to death.

He had the red hair mixed with brown, from god knows where. Neither me, nor Venus had red hairs. Probably some recessive gene of Venus' parents. Though these red hairs remind me of Hope. She has long red bangs that compliment her whitish face colour beautifully. For the first glance, one would say Oliver is her kid.

But looking at him carefully, as he slept with his eyes closed, hands spread on both sides of his head and a blue furry blanket covering his body, reminds me of his mother.

One can just sense it. And me? I have seen Venus sleeping for hours. There was this resemblance between the two, that only a mother can share with her child. She would have been proud knowing her kid inherits so much from her, but only his notorious eyes from me.

I sighed.

I haven't thought of Venus this much in the whole one year, as much as I have since I have seen him. Probably that is one my reasons why I have been evading encounters with him. But the hurt I have seen in Erica's eyes makes me wonder what I am doing.

'He will happily sign away the custody to us! He doesn't want Oliver!'- Eric's word ring in my ears.

I don't want Oliver? Or do I?

When did it come down to this?

Just a week ago, I was deciding which drink to gulp, wondering what will make me more numb towards life. And now, here I am deciding if I want my own kid in my life or not?