ONE

For some, it takes a whole fucking load of shit to come down from the high of life, for some it takes just some miniscule words. But the low they come to, is deeper than an abyss.

D A V I D   W E L L I N G T O N

"Stop being such a pussy!", I rolled my eyes at his words. If only he knew how much nerve wrecking this process is.

Well, when his own wife would be in the same situation, I'll be shocked if he doesn't kill one or two doctors, "Tell me when you're stuck in this same situation!"

He looked at me warily, "I didn't ask you to make her pregnant!"

I chuckled, "I just wanted to make you jealous!"

"Will you both stop that! She's wailing inside because of the pain and you both are being a pain in my ass!", I heard Mum and separated myself from this scum I call my best friend before she lashes out at us.

He scoffs and settles on the chair beside her. It looks like he directly came out of the bed as soon as I called him. I was being a nervous wreck as soon as Venus informed me that her water broke.

All the drilling and mind preparation went in vain when I saw her crying profusely.

Thankfully, Mum was there to shove some senses into me at the final time, otherwise I don't expect any good from myself.

"Did anyone inform Erica?", I asked. Amidst all the rush, I forgot she asked me to inform if something happens. Though today, she was stuck in her concert in Spain, and I doubt she'd be able to make it before the delivery.

He nodded and looked at his watch, "I told her when I left from home. The concert was over though, and her next concert is two days later. She's coming back."

I was aware she would mess up her schedule for me. She even threatened me to be the third person who gets to hold the baby after me and Venus.

Baby!
I was never ready for a baby, and all the time I spent for preparing myself to become a father seems to be going in vain too.

What if my kid is an irritating piece of shit that cries whole day and night?
Or what if he refuses to go to school?
Or worse becomes a criminal?

I shook my head. Venus will kick my ass if she hears I was thinking this again.

We are having a baby boy, and the moment I heard that, I cringed at the idea of the world getting another staunch fuckboy. My son would be no innocent, I know.

My thoughts were broken when I heard some disturbance outside the OT. Some doctors rushed in followed by more nurses. I couldn't hear Venus anymore. Probably sedatives.

I wanted to be inside the room with her, but I get anxious seeing all the blood and stuff. The doctors didn't need to divide their focus between two.

I looked at the OT again and something inside me told that when those doors open, my life will forever change.

"David!", I heard her soft voice and looked up immediately.

Thank god she is here. I stood up within a moment and hugged her, "Thank god you came! I am losing my shit!"

She rubbed my back and giggled, "You should know now on how to calm yourself. You are going to be a father."

I was wondering how in the world she's still in my embrace. She's probably glaring at Eric.
Or the guy got some brains now.

"Can I abort this mission!?"

She retreated back and looked at me making a face. Her husband standing beside us, already dying for attention.