FIFTEEN

(◍•ᴗ•◍)✧*。

When everyone was informed about the impending wedding, there were a variety of reactions. Some found it shocking, while some found it exciting. But the most prominent one was confusion. How come suddenly? -the most asked question.

David and Hope sat together with the lawyer Jefferson, and created a story.

"Ah...it can be like when I came back from Australia and saw Hope with Oliver, I knew she's the one."

"That's lame.", Jefferson commented making David role his eyes.

Hope sat quietly watching them argue back and forth. For her, there was no story truer than her own.

She did not believe how suddenly her life took a turn, that huge. But everytime disbelief surrounded her, she looked at the band of precious stones around her finger. Which made it all so real.

She sighed and stood up.

"I'd be in my bedroom David.", She said and he nodded.

He agreed everything must be taking a toll on her. But he didn't know, it was a different type.

She sat on her bean bag facing the window of her bedroom. The real story where it all started, clouding her thoughts, as apparent as it was years ago.

*

She clutched her maths book tight to her chest. It was cold here in California especially. And she forgot to wear her sweater today.

Mrs. Willow had bailed on her class today, feigning illness. And so she spent a major part of her day in the library. It was the time of the closing of the campus, and she was very hungry since being not eaten anything at lunch.

Her red bangs waved with the wind, no matter how much she tried to tie them. They were absolutely rebellious.

Since it was closing time, the campus canteen would barely have any food, so she decided to walk to the nearby pizza takeaway corner and would buy one for her and her roommate. She was still trying hard to become friendly with her roommate, but first year was difficult. Especially with all running in her mind. Her studies. Her mum. Her da..

"Hey Redhead!!! Stop there!!", She cursed under her breath hearing the very familiar unwanted character in her life.

The basketball team captain, and his group, some Jake or Jackson...have chased her since the start. It was starting to irritate her, which was pretty rare. She was an extremely patient person by nature and this is something she herself never expected.

She stopped and looked at the guy coming to her, with his two sidechicks tailing behind him. The girls of the group, the cheerleaders, have decided to stay behind and enjoy the drama from far.

She looked around for a quick assessment, and found some nerdy boys sitting, ignoring the situation as if they don't live in this world, some other girls passing. And lastly, the two peculiar friends- a talkative one, and an arrogant one, playing around with a football. The arrogant one was definitely winning because the talkative one was busy talking with the two girls who were standing beside the field.

"Where you lookin at? I am here."

She looked at the Jake guy, who was oogling at her. She was not a conservative girl, but some creepy gazes made her feel the need to be one.

"I want to go. Please leave my way.", She said clearly.

"Awww!", He made a puppy face, which was a shame on the whole puppy community, "..not after the last time love! You really think I will spare you after you spill your coffee on me..."