NINE

(◍•ᴗ•◍)✧*。

Second chance. There is always a second chance in everything in this world. Unless you are dead. Being alive always corresponds to chances.

D A V I D    W E L L I N G T O N

My view of the clouded sky is blocked as a cup of coffee is forwarded in my direction.

"Here...it will make you feel warm. The temperature has dropped notches down today.", She said softly.

I smiled gratefully, and took the cup.

"If you want to change, I have Harry's clothes in the closet."

I shook my head, "I am fine in this one."

My clothes are generally comfortable. I don't wear anything that doesn't comfort my body. Only while sleeping, I need to get rid of all.

And as far as I remember, yesterday I saw my little shit sleeping only in his diapers. Though his body was covered in the small blanket.

I feel her gaze on me and look at her to see her smiling.

"What?"

"You were smiling."

I nodded, "I was thinking of Oliver."

"I guessed that."

"How?"

"Even I smile like that remembering his tactics."

I looked at her, "You are close to him. No?"

She nodded and settled on the other end of the couch, wrapping herself in the blanket I hadn't noticed before.

"I am close to him. The kid is too adorable to resist. He was fifteen days old when I finally had the courage to take him in my arms. And since then there was no going back. He calls me Hoe!"

That made me chuckle though I have heard something along that line.

"Erica told me he has a crush on you.."

She laughed, "God knows why everyone assumes that. I am just waiting for him to grow up and say we are just friends."

"He is a playboy though..", she continued, "He has this air about him. I know he'll be a heartbreaker when he grows up."

"Is it..?"

"Father's genes..", she mumbled under her breath but I heard it.

"The father was a sexy heartbreaker though. He didn't invite girls...they simply chased him."

She rolled her eyes, "So conceited!"

I looked at her and grinned.

"Tell me about yourself Hope...I have realized that I am too busy in myself that I haven't checked up on you."

Her eyes meet mine and they soften, "I am good David. I will be better knowing all my friends are doing good. And even better knowing they made up."

She was talking about me and Eric but I don't want to hear that.

"No Hope! From tomorrow I'll be again lost solving my own business, you tell me about yourself."

She looked confused, "What about me?"

"Well...from the time you just abruptly left... without as much as a single word from your side."

I saw her face falling at that. But I have always wondered this. Why did she leave? Where did she go? And as much as I want to punish her for worrying me so bad then, I can't help but wonder over the cause of her sullen expression.