Winner, Winner

Jen put the finishing touches on her look for the night. It was the night of the Emmys and she was excited to support Justin who was nominated for his lead role in 'The Leftovers'.

She smiled as she slid her wedding ring on and thought back to their wedding day when Justin slipped the ring onto her finger, promising to love and protect her forever. He was her knight in..well... jeans and combat boots, but still.. he was her knight.

Chuckling quietly she added a pair of gold earrings, a simple gold bangle bracelet, and strappy black heels to her ensemble and stood to check herself in the mirror. The custom-made Alexander Wang dress fit her like a glove. The voile fabric hugged her rounded belly and yoga-slimmed hips with the hem landing just above her knees. The royal blue color made her sun-bronzed skin glow and her vivid eyes sparkled like blue Iolite gemstones.

"Babe, are you ready? We've got...." Justin's voice trailed off as he entered the room and saw her. "Wow. You look like amazing."

"You don't look too bad yourself, Mr. Theroux." She admired the way his Tom Ford tux hung straight and sleek on his muscular body.

Justin stared at her. 'God, she's beautiful!' It was hard to believe that just three weeks before she had been laying in a hospital bed. The memory made his spine prickle. He had to sk one more time.

"Are you absolutely sure you're up to this?"

"Honey, this is your big night. I wouldn't miss it."

"I want you there more than anything, Jen, but the Emmy's when you're eight and a half months pregnant with twins? The red carpet alone might be a lot to handle."

"I'll be fine. I promise."

"Okay. You win." He conceded with a sigh. She was so adorably stubborn sometimes. He knew he wasn't going to win this argument.

"Come with me. I have something to show you." She led him from the bedroom to the sitting room stopping in front of the back-lit cabinet that housed her awards. Justin smiled widely when saw that she had cleared a spot and placed a tiny black place card that read "Justin's Emmy" in gold letters.

He stood behind her and wrapped his arms around her shoulders. "This is so special. Thank you, sweetheart. Being with you makes me feel like a winner."

"You're always a winner to me, honey."

He smiled and hugged her. "How'd I get so lucky?"

"I honestly don't know." She joked, patting his backside playfully. "Now let's go get that award."

**********************************************************************************

The red carpet was a nightmare.

"Jen & Justin!! On your left! On your right! Straight ahead! Beautiful guys! Jen can we get a shot of the belly? Hold the belly, Jen! Justin put your hand on her belly!"

Jen tried to keep her smile in place but the screams of the photogs were always the worst part of a red carpet for her. Justin saw her discomfort and his protective instinct took over. He directed a stern look at the shutterbugs, keeping one hand around Jen's waist.

"Hey guys, no need to yell, okay? You're stressing her and if you keep it up we will skip the rest of the carpet."

Surprisingly, the rowdy crowd quieted down.

"Thanks guys." Jen said, relieved. She turned her head to whisper to Justin. "Thank you, honey. I bet that'll be a headline tomorrow. 'Justin Theroux threatens photographers on the red carpet!'