I Believe in Miracles - Pt. I

Jen rubbed sleepily at her eyes as she padded barefoot from the bedroom into Justin's office. She smiled at the sight of the photos that changed every four seconds on his computer screen. She was looking at one of her and Justin feeding homemade pizza to each other and being photo bombed by Bateman. That had been a really fun party.

She walked over to the couch where her leading man lay sleeping. He was shirtless and sprawled on his back with one leg propped against the back of the couch and one arm hanging off the edge. Norman lay on the floor nearby, also fast asleep. Jen yawned as she climbed onto the couch and settled her body on top of Justin's. Her head rested on his chest just under his chin and she sighed contentedly as the warmth from his skin permeated her t-shirt and his arms wrapped around her in his sleep. She was out like a light again within a few minutes.

Justin awakened to find Jen fast asleep on top of him. He kissed the top of her head and rubbed her back, coaxing her into consciousness. She stirred. Her hair tickled his neck as she moved and Justin felt her kiss his chest before she lifted her head to look up at him with drowsy eyes.

"Good morning Beauty." He said smiling.

"G'morning Beast." She replied sweetly. "I missed you next to me when I woke up this morning so I came to find you."

She slid up to kiss his chin and Justin smiled. Did she have any idea what she did to him with just that simple gesture?

She was exquisite. Her face was scrubbed clean of make-up, her hair disheveled, and she was wearing nothing but a t-shirt and panties. She looked youthful and fresh and sexy as hell.

He looked down into her face, admiring the innocence he saw.

"Comfy?" he asked, smoothing a lock of hair from her face with one finger.

"Mmm... absolutely! Jen replied, stretching long and slow.

Justin smiled. "Hungry?"

"Starving!" Her tummy growled as if making her point for her.

"Breakfast?"

"Yum." She said eagerly.

Justin started to get up but Jen pushed him back down.

"You stay right there. Breakfast is on me today." she stood and stretched some more, instantly missing his warmth.

Justin patted her on the butt as she turned to walk away.

"That's right woman. Go fetch my breakfast." He said mischievously. He laced his fingers behind his head and relaxed against the cushions with an exaggerated sigh. There was trouble all over his laughing face. He looked like a kid who had slyly gotten away with the last cookie.

Jen's looked at him with her mouth hanging open in fake outrage.

"Oh 'fetch' your breakfast huh?" she said laughing. "I've got your breakfast right here!" she yelled just before she jumped back on top of him. They wrestled, they tickled, they kissed, and before long breakfast was forgotten.

*******************************************************************************

Jen kissed Justin goodbye as he hopped on his bike and rode off. He and his groomsmen had their tuxedo fittings today and Jen was looking forward to spending her first day off in almost four months lounging by the pool and visiting with her friends. She went to get her swimsuit and sarong and as she walked up the stairs her stomach rolled. The nausea lasted only a few seconds and disappeared as quickly as it had appeared. 'What was that?' she wondered. This was something completely new.

Jen sat on the stairs for a minute, waiting to see if the feeling would return but it seemed to have passed. Weird. She climbed the rest of the stairs and got dressed.

Hours later Jen, Andrea & Courteney sat on the edge of the pool with their legs dangling in the water drinking iced tea and fruit water and munching on fresh fruit, veggies and hummus. They had just returned from Jen's dress fitting with the designer who was creating her custom wedding gown. As soon as she had seen the sketch she knew that was the one. That was the dress she had to marry her prince in. She couldn't wait to be Mrs. Justin Theroux. Although she and Justin already felt married, she was eager to make it official.

"So, only two more weeks Jen!" Courteney said. "Are you nervous?"

"I'm really not...surprisingly." Jen answered. "I'm definitely excited, but not nervous at all. Everything about me & Justin feels right. Everything." She got a faraway look in her eyes as she scratched Norman's belly and pictured her wedding day and her future with Justin and the other two ladies gave each other a knowing look.

"Uh-oh. I think we lost her" said Andrea, nudging Courteney.

Jen laughed and looked at her friends. She had known these women for so long and she was beyond grateful that their friendship had stood the test of time. Being able to have them there with her as she got married was such a blessing.

"So, how's the baby-making going?" Andrea asked.

"Well, the trying is always fun," she said with a wink, "but ... nothing's happened yet. We spoke to an adoption agent last week."

Courteney and Andrea started talking over each other. "What?? How come you didn't tell us! You're adopting??"

"Oh calm down." Jen laughed. "Justin and I were just talking; going over our options, and since adopting was something we had wanted to do anyway, we decided to start looking into it."

She shrugged her shoulders and sipped her iced tea.

Courteney and Andrea looked at each in amazement. How could Jen be so nonchalant about this? It was a huge deal!

"And???" They questioned in unison.

"And ... we talked to the agent to get information about the process and everything and we found out that it takes up to a year or more so we figured with that kind of time we wanted to get started so we put our names on the adoptee list. They came for a home visit a few days ago to meet us and check out the house."

Jen noted the looks on her friends' faces and she laughed again at their expressions.

"Come on you guys! It's not like we're bringing a baby home tomorrow! I said it takes a year. Maybe even longer."

Jen was still chuckling at their reaction. She thought about how wonderful it would be if they actually could have brought a baby home tomorrow. That would have been some miracle.

...... To be cont'd.....