The One With the Best Kept Secret

Jen stretched lazily and kicked away the tangled sheets. She lay still for a minute; eyes closed; listening to the sounds of the city below. She loved New York. They had been living here for the past 6 months while Justin worked on his show. After all the drama with Brad she had really needed to get away and New York allowed her freedoms she never got to enjoy in LA. Little thing like going to the market, taking her son to the park, taking long walks & riding bikes with her husband were precious to her. She was a little sad that they had to go back to LA today but she was also excited about what was coming.

She got out of bed, freshened up, and went to check on Kai who was still asleep. She stroked his cheek lovingly before going to look for Justin.

Jen padded quietly into the kitchen and found her husband, barefoot and shirtless as usual, making breakfast. He looked up and saw her watching him and smiled causing Jen's heart to do flip-flops in her chest. She stepped close to him and slipped her arms around his waist. "Good morning, my love."

Justin plucked a strawberry from the fruit bowl he had just prepared and offered it to her. "Good morning yourself, beautiful."

Jen took a bite of the sweet fruit and pulled Justin's mouth to hers. They kissed deeply, Justin licking at the juice that lingered on her lips and tongue.

"Mmm... you're delicious." His sexy tone set off fireworks deep within her. He wrapped one strong arm around her waist and lifted her to sit on the counter, stepping between her legs. "I could eat you alive, Aniston."

"So what's stopping you?" she replied huskily, her gaze falling to his lips.

He leaned in to kiss her again but was interrupted by a tiny voice calling for his Daddy. He pretended to sob and dropped his forehead to her shoulder.

"Sounds like someone's awake." Jen said laughing at Justin's playful frustration.

"Mmm hmm. We'll play later." He promised with a wink. He stole one more kiss just as Kai toddled in yawning and rubbing his eyes.

"Up, Daddy." He demanded with arms raised.

Justin grinned. "G'morning, Monkey." He said as he picked up his son and tossed him in the air making him squeal in delight. They played like this for a minute before Justin handed him to Jen and went to finish breakfast.

Kai cupped Jen's cheeks and rubbed his nose with hers. "Love, Mommy." He said in his tiny voice.

Jen melted as she hugged him close to her and began to sing his favorite song.

'You are my sunshine, my only sunshine; you make me happy when skies are gray...."

'You'll never know, dear, how much I love you; please don't take my sunshine away."

Kai applauded when she was done and they sat and watched the dogs play until Justin called them for breakfast.

A few hours later, they locked up the apartment and headed for the airport.

****************************************************************************************

The sound of loud, uncontrolled laughter greeted Courteney, Coco and Johnny as they approached the front door of the Theroux home. Courteney grinned. She loved the sound of Jen's laugh and she especially loved knowing that her best friend was genuinely happy.

"Are you sure we should just drop in like this?" Johnny asked, sounding uncertain.

Courteney looked up at her boyfriend with an amused look on her face. Johnny didn't know Jen very well yet but now that they were a serious couple that would definitely change.