~ the one with a breakthrough

// bit of a chaotic, here and there chapter!

Edward passes the invisible treaty line which, in recent years, has become but a memory. With Ness in the picture, the tribe sees the Cullen coven as no threat. But they try not to mix too often. Jasper sits in the passanger seat while Ness is in the back, watching out of the window.

"Is there any reason you wanted to come, uncle Jasper?" She asks sweetly.

"Uh, dad and I have something we wanna do together after." He says smoothly.

She quirks an eyebrow, sassier than ever these days. "Oh sure... Is it to do with papa Charlie's lady friend?"

Edward can't help but chuckle at the way she words it. "Maybe. Now stop being nosy."

She grins, looking out the window. Edward parks up outside Jacobs house, climbing out to let Ness out. Jacob comes out and smiles. "There's my favourite girl."

Ness runs over and hugs him. "Dad's being secretive."

Edward rolls his eyes. "Big mouth." He tuts. "Jasper and I just wondered if we could hint around here. We know it isn't like us to, but it saves us going away away to hunt - plus I heard the deers are over populating the area, we can thin it out just a little."

Jacob frowns in confusion. "You have dozens of spots near by to hunt. Why do you want to do it here?"

"Change of scenery." Jasper shrugs.

Jacob isn't any less confused or suspicious. "Uh huh... Sure... Knock yourselves out." He says, looking at them.

Jasper looks at his brother. "I'll race you-"

Edwards already off running, Jasper scrambling to catch up. Jacob takes Ness inside and texts Sam to phase and keep an eye on, let the others know the same. He's not an idiot, he knows they don't want to just hunt. After he's text Sam, he sends a message to Paul.

Move him. Cover the trail.

-

Charlie and Alex wait patiently outside the doctors office, Alex bouncing her leg nervously. Charlie is looking around, pulling faces at all the posters and images. "I never did any of this with Renee." He says.

Alex looks up at him. "You didn't? I never did any of this either." She tries to joke.

Charlie smiles and kisses her head. "Will you calm down? I should be the nervous one, I haven't seen him yet."

"Speck is genderless until we know otherwise. And I can't explain it... I saw them last week but that's 5 days ago now, I don't feel its real. I feel... Like I can't enjoy it." She whispers, looking down at her bloated belly.

Charlie pulls her close and rests his cheek on her head; they paid for a private scan so he could see the baby, but part of him wanted Alex to see them again too, since she's been like this a lot lately. He understands why, of course he does, but it doesn't make it any harder for him to see or hear.

"Chief Swan, Ms Daniels?" The man calls.

Charlie grins excitedly and pulls Alex up, walking after the nurse. They enter the dark office, greet the doctor, and Alex takes a deep breath, climbing onto the table; the doctor and Charlie converse but she tunes it out.

"Are we ready to see this little one?" He asks.

Alex shakily nods as Charlie leans forward silently. She flinches a little at the cold gel but stares at the ceiling. Charlie gasps quietly and she looks over at him, focusing on his face.