~ the one where Bella gets mad

Edward runs out to meet Bella. "Now don't be mad-"

"ARO!? YOU CALLED ON ARO!?" She yells, pushing him back.

Edward skids but easily recovers. "Bella!" He snaps.

"You bought the man who wanted our family dead, our daughter dead, to our home!" She snaps. "What are you playing at?!"

"There is a reason I did it, okay! I did it to help your dad and Alex!" He says, backing up as she stalks towards him.

She scoffs. "Help!? He'll kill them! They're human!" She yells.

"I won't kill anyone, Isabella." Aro says, watching from the sidelines with an amused smile.

Bella freezes and growls. She turns her glare back to her husband. "You have 10 seconds."

"We can use his gift to find out the truth. Esme, Rose, half of the pack - they know something and there's no way for me to hear what. Aro can find out from just a simple touch. We'd know what's going on."

Bella freezes, holding her breath. She exhales in a slow growl. "You have a day... Or I'll get rid of you myself." She snaps, storming away.

Edward sighs and looks at his buddy clothes. "I mean, I didn't expect much less." He mutters, heading upstairs to change. He's quick, making it back down before Aro is back inside.  "OK... Let's go."

Aro nods and follows Edward. By now, Emmett and Carlisle have Rose and Esme cornered on the red doing various things. That means Jacob is there too, and whoever else may be involved. Edward knows he won't have long before the wolves lose their patience with having a Volturi member on their land, but they have to try.

"Let's go home, I'm bored." Rosalie moans.

"Were almost done, Billy can't exactly reorganise himself, can he?" Emmett says.

"He has-" Rosalie goes silent, inhaling slowly. "No..." She says as she recognises the scent.

A moment later her fears are confirmed as Aro and Edward walk towards the house. Esme tenses and slowly turns to glare at her husband who looks guilty.

"Ladies." Aro calls. "I need to speak to you."

"What for!" Rosalie growls, refusing to leave the house.

"You already know." Edward calls. "Make this easy. Let this be over with."

Rosalie walks to the doorway, glaring at her brother. "No! We did what needed to be done!"

"You thought you were doing right, but you've caused more damage than good!" He snaps.

"Esme... Please." Carlisle mouths while their children argue.

She shakes her head. "No.." She whispers. "I didn't have the courage to kill Charles or punish him for what he did to me but I can do this to help Alex." She says sternly.

"You had the best intentions. You did help her, honey, but now this could be hurting her." He says calmly. "If Charlie goes to prison, her heart will break. Their baby will grow up without a father."

Esme looks outside before looking back to Carlisle. "I. Can't."

"Please..." He begs. "Do the right thing."

"Don't listen to him Esme." Rosalie snaps, glaring over. "We did what we had to!"

"Maybe we have done enough." Esme whispers, her heart and mind torn. "We -"

"No! He doesn't deserve mercy!" Rosalie yells.

"Esme, do the right thing.". Edward calls. "Please, mom."