twenty-three |~

Aurora

My jaw dropped as the woman's words left her lips. The gun in his hands banged on the ground. I winced at the sound of it.

"This must be a joke, you are definitely mistaken for someone else. Mom please tell me it's a joke." Lucy took a deep breath before looking at him.

"Stella is your birth mother Luc, I'm sorry that you have to find it out this way." These words broke him in pieces as tears trickled down his cheeks.

Movement drew my gaze to Luc's birth mother; she tried to comfort him but he refused and left downstairs. I wandered over to Stella, taking a seat on the chair.

"And you are his girlfriend?" I nod unable to find words to say. A wave of nostalgia wave hit me. I can't imagine what Luciano is going through now after all these years finding out who his real mother is.

___________

"It all started 25 years ago, after a one night stand with your father. I was young and stupid, I knew I couldn't take care of a child. It was my final semester in university.

Being pregnant was one of the best experiences of my life." She began to tell her voice filled with fear as tears trickled down her cheeks.

"Where were you when I needed you. How could you leave me with this cruel monster." Stella sighed, we all sat in the office room listing to Stella's story.

I took a gulp of water, Luciano sat beside me, Luciano had his head buried in his hands. Everything started to make sense when Stella continued to explain.

"I need to leave you with him, I had no choice. After a while, I got a call from Lucy.

She told me about everything and I have a responsibility to be your mother. I'm happy that she could fill your life with all the holes I left." Luc's hand lurked through mine until he clasped his in mine.

I rubbed with my thumb over his hand to comfort him. He seemed to calm down.

My phone began to ring. I excused myself and picked up as soon the door closed behind me.

"Hey Lilian, are you alright? Did something happen to the baby?" All I could hear was a chuckle from the other end of the line.

"You that I love you Aurora. And yes the baby is fine. I just wanted you to let you know that I'm deciding on having a funeral for Jordan." We both fell in silence.

It's been a while since the passing of Jordan. We all tried our best to give her as much as possible support.

"You hate the idea right? I knew it. All I want is to say goodbye. Last time." Why would she think that I hated it?

"Lili, I have nothing against it. Everyone and I will support you no matter what. Just send me all the details in the next couple of days and we will arrange it for you.

Did you contact his sister by the way?" Lili recently came across a friend of hers, who knows his sister. She accuses that she lives in New Jersey.

"Not yet. I'm nervous. How am I going to tell her I'm pregnant and that her brother died–." I cut her off.

"You are overthinking it, I know you can do it." I say above a whisper telling her that I have to go. As the door opens and everyone starts to chatter. Arms embrace me from behind as I lean on Luc's chest.

"Who was it?" He asked me to rest his chin on my head. With my finger I draw small circles on his hand.

“It was Lili, she told me that she wants to make a funeral for Jordan." I say breaking the embrace. He looked me into my eyes, brushing a strand of hair away.

"She is a strong girl." I nod my head in agreement. Later on in the evening I made some calls with my management team. The soonest possible the funeral can happen is in four days. That means we have to be back home by tomorrow evening.

Eden told me that she made contact with Jordan's mother with the help from Juan. I got the couch shoving my phone into the pockets of my black jeans and walked farther toward the balcony.

“I would do anything to run away at night through the rain with you or sit in a car blasting music at night.” He sighs frustrated and takes another sip of the soda. I never thought about how life would be if I never joined the mafia.

“Did you ever think about it, living a normal life without all this mafia shit. I don't think we would've met then.” Luc's gaze wandered from his glass to my eyes.

“Yes, I did it millions of times. I always wanted to go to university and study. My first thought was being a lawyer.

So I can argue with people and get mad money at the age of 13. Father said son stop hoping your dreams will come through one day, they are useless and time consuming. That was the last time I spoke about my dreams for my future.” I hum.

I never had goals or dreams in life I wanted to reach, my father gave me space, he also made it clear to me to be ready when the time comes.

“And did you have any goals? I can imagine you being a popular girl in college and everyone would be on their knees. I raised my eyebrow, as a chuckle escaped my lips. Me being a popular girl. Never.

Luc's pulls me closer to him. Taking a hand band from his sleeve. With one hand he grabs my hair in a ponytail and ties it with the hair band.

“I tried my best, bare with me.” I chuckled, lifting my arm. To check if the ponytail was light, I could work with it.

"It's our last night here in New York. What do you want to do.” I ask. He grins in response, grabbing my hand. Leading me to the unknown world of New York.

Hey besties I hope yall are doing well. Here is a update after all these months. Don't forget to comment + vote. I'm so sorry for not updating. Since my exams are over I will try my best <33