twenty-six

My lungs squeezed and I seemed to gasp for breath, my hands clammy and shaking. “What's happening to me,” I whispered, my body felt numb.

With the stench of blood strong in my nostrils and searing pain coursing through my body. So much agony. I couldn’t feel my legs.

There was an insistent pain in the back of my head and my ears were ringing. There was an echo, but I didn’t know where it came from.

Blood rushed between my ears and my head was heavy, as my body felt weak on the chair. I tried to open my eyes.

"Oh, you are awake. Finally. It's an honour to finally meet you miss Martinez. Do you have any last words before I kill you. Like I killed your father." A smirk grew on his lips. The cuffs held tight around my wrists the cold metal scratching at my skin.

"Fuck you. I know Luc wouldn't let this come so far." I gasp out of for air. As the cuffs tight more.

"You really think my son loves you. Him showing you attention was all an distraction to get more information about your father's secret. Something he took away from my family many years ago.

Since he is dead you are the one that has to pay for his actions.” he muttered, staring into my eyes with such intensity that I wondered what he was searching for

The room I was in seems to be like a warehouse not many lights were on. From a brocken window wafted cold air. Which made me shiver, I frowned, tilting my chin up.

"What do you mean?" My voice sounded too shrill, too cutting against the shrieking breeze of the wind. He startled, blinking as if I had woken him from a trance, and a look crossed his face. I wasn't sure what it meant.

“All of this was planned my dear. My son's being a distraction to you. You're are even that pathetic thinking Luciano would love you.” A door opened up behind me.

“You came on time mio figlio. Today is the day were all the secrets will be released. And it's my honour that my son will kill the person he seemed to love so much.” I couldn't hold the tears anymore.

I wish I could just scream and knowing that all of this a dream and I finally wake up.

“Tell me it's not true what he is talking about Luc, I trusted you.” he didn't say a word just stared on the ground. I wasn't surprised. He just like his father.

“And I should have killed you the day I met you,” I turn to Luc. He was only five feet away from me. The cuffs held tight around my wrists the cold metal were suddenly uncuffed. And a gun was pressed into my hand.

“Now do it. Kill him that would be your fathers last wish." That's lie. My father would never.. All he wanted was peace between our two families. No unnecessary wars all because of a stupid old thing.

Reloading the gun I started to aim the gun at him

Suddenly, it hits me, all the memories you've shared with him, even while you were both trying to end each others lives. You

"Do it" he says. "Pull the facking trigger" I hear him say again, as I  have my gun pointed at the man I have been raised to hate my whole life. My enemy.

I know i have to kill him. It's what I have been longing to do since the day I were born. And...for some reason, i hestitate

I look at him as i feel a heavy feeling building in your chest. "What're you waiting for dammit! Pull the god damn trigger and get this over with.

Haven't you been waiting for this moment your whole life? So why are you hesitating now?" He shouts as me see the frustration in his face. A tear

Then I realize there was more than just hatred between the two of us. The simple memories of each time he's saved me even though he'd admit he only did it because he was the only person that could take my life.

But only now I realize that not everything he did was because of the hatred towards me and my family, but because beneath all the hatred, I  shared something else with him.

I shared the same all the happiness, humour only both of us would understand, but above all, we shared memories, love, a laughter.

He was your source of happiness through all the chaos in my life and you were his. There was something that would always draw you near to him.

“I know that you're two weak and scared to do it. I had you rapped around my finger pretty easy darling.” A smirk grew on his lips. I recognize that smile. He always does it when he plans something without telling me.His acting is top tier.

He eyed his father who talked to Lorenzo and then my gun. Hold on!
I should kill his father. After all this.

“With pleasure my love” I whispered quiet enough so he could hear me. I started to aim my gun at his father. He turned around raising an eyebrow.

"You have no idea what mistake you about to make of your entire life. I have so many-” Luc clapped his hands by the words of his father.

"You have so many connections nobody in this fucking room cares about dad. I will definitely won't kill aurora. She showed me the world from her perspective.

And I love it. All you showed me was how to bring out the worst out of someone. I promise myself to never be a father like you.

Mom doesn't even deserve you. After all these years I finally get to meet my real mother. She told us everything.
No matter where I go your shadow will follow me" The second Luc said his sentence his father aimed the gun at me and pulled the trigger. A shot but I didn't hit me.

Luciano...

“I did what I needed to," he coughed, flecks of blood spraying onto my face, but I didn't care. "to protect you." "You swore that night you'd never leave me! I-" my voice was choked off by more sobs.

Luc's blue eyes hardened. "I'm never going to leave you, aurora. I will always be here," he touched my chest, above my heart. "And as long as you're on this earth, I'll stay there."

“Know finish what we started. Kill him.” I wiped my tear away picking up the gun beside me. I stood up and walked towards him.

“You had two choices. To be real with me or not do fuck with me. You decide to fuck me over I guess this your end.” I say loud enough that everyone in this room could hear it. He didn't say a word just grinned

"Fuck you." I pulled the trigger finishing the trash that should have been out years ago. It felt really good in this moment just letting all of this end.

"Thank you aurora." Luc whispered coughing, behind me. From the dark of the building few people I never saw including Lorenzo started circling us. In a half circle.

"Are you guys just going to stand there useless. He might be dienig please call an ambulance. Please. I begged one of them nods, he returned to his cell phone to probably dialling 911.

The rest I demanded to take the body of Luc's dad and take it away.

"Please don't close your eyes. You never deserved to die like this. I will not start the next chapter of my life without you”.—“You promised me you weren't going to be reckless! You promised!" I screamed at him through my sobs, leaning over him as he lay on the dirt. He smiled softly and winced as he lifted a hand and cupped her cheek. I cried even harder, leaning into his touch.

“Im sorry my love.”

                                ~
OMGGG I can't believe I'm almost done with this book after months. 2 chapters left including the epilogue. Woooahhh

Note: not edited ( I'm lazyy lol)