7

"So if little girl isn't here by next week then we will have to induce you. But you seem to be all good and it's your due date tomorrow so maybe she will come on time?"
"So be prepared?"
"Yes. Although from the way your boyfriend talks about it he's already well prepared for the birth of this baby."
"How many people can I have in the room when I'm giving birth?" She smiled at me clearly happy to see someone eager for it
"Well most hospitals don't mind. Between two or three. But if it comes to worst you can only have one. That doesn't seem to be an issue though since your little girl is in the perfect position ready to be born. So this might be the last time we see each other."
"Thank you." Dom said offering his hand out for her to shake. She took his offer and gently shook it in return "You've really helped me and my fiancé. Thank you so much"
"Well, you've been a lovely couple so best of luck to you." She opened her drawer and handed me something "And that is for your little scrapbook you guys were making." I smiled as I looked at the little card with her information on it "And again, best of luck"

"Can I show Tom that scrapbook. He's missed out on so much and I wanna share it with him." I nervously waited for a response
"Yeah. Sure you can. She's your baby too." He kissed my forehead "Besides. He is one of the best people I could have in our kids life. And none of what happened matters cus I got you."
"Yeah. You do." He nodded but seemed distracted. We were almost home and although nine months pregnant I could manage the short distance
"Baby what's up?"
"I know you forgave me but I still feel like an arsehole. I shouldn't have got drunk even if it meant the world to me. It was about seeing friends."
"Stop worrying. I forgive you and that's all that matters."
"But did it make you mad? Honestly?"
"Honestly? Yeah. Very mad. But I haven't got time to be mad. And you didn't cheat on me so I've no reason to be mad. So just drop it."
"But i-"
"Drop it dom."
"Why'd you have to be like that lex. I'm trying to tell you how I fucking feel" he argued and I knew this would result in another fight. It was coming and had been since I'd made up with him. I was a fool to think I could just leave it at that "You gonna say something?"
"No."
"Whatever Lexi." He stayed silent the rest of the way and when we got back in he finally acknowledged me by giving me a look.
"What?" I asked hanging my coat up and turning back round to speak to him
"Sorry."
"Whatever Dominic." I mimicked. He tried to come over and hug me but I pushed him away "You started this. Fuck off."
"At least I'm not the one getting all worked up over a stupid mistake you said you were fine about" he said clearly trying to provoke some kind of fight by now
"Yeah? Well at least I'm not the one whose calling getting a hickey from a stranger whilst my pregnant girlfriend is at home a 'stupid mistake'."
"It wasn't a stranger." He mumbled. I could see the regret in his face from what had happened but I was still mad he thought it was something small
"So is it someone we know?" He nodded "Who? Tell me who the fuck gave you a hickey on a night out!"
"Chill. You're gonna stress the baby" he said calmly. I did calm down both because he was right and also because I didn't want him to worry about lily. Mostly the second though since any stress would just induce the already looming labour so it would be unexpected. "It was Ashley" he said once I'd calmed down
"Who?"
"Ash-"
"No I fucking heard you. Why didn't you tell me?"
"Because you'd wanna hurt her."
"So you were protecting her?" He paused thinking very carefully about what he said because he knew damned well I'd already realised what he was doing "Don't say anything. Just go."
"Where?"
"I don't know, maybe to wherever that bitch is staying!" I screamed
"That bitch is our baby's godmother!" He screamed back
"Like hell she is!" We both turned in the direction of who shouted to see Tom stood there "What? Thought I couldn't hear? Now Dom get out!"
"Thanks tom-" I began but he didn't calm down like usual
"No way. You're just as much to fucking blame. Upstairs now." Dom stormed out slamming the door and I walked over to Tom expecting him to be all soft and comfort me "No. Arguments are always two sided. Go upstairs and stay the fuck away from him." I just stared at him for a minute before turning my back to him "I'll be up later yeah?"
"Don't fucking bother."

He came up anyway. After around two hours.
"Lexi darlin'. Are you okay"
"I'm fine. Fuck off"
"Lexi I'm sorry for yelling at you. I didn't mean to get so mad."
"Yeah you did. You were mad because we was arguing."
"Just turn around and see why I was so mad at the shouting" I rolled over onto my back to see him holding a baby in his arms "You were both in the wrong but I was trying to keep her asleep. I know you and Dom were arguing about what Ashley did. And I swear to you nobody is making ash her godmother" he said poking my bump "Now cmon, sit up and hold her" I did as he asked and he gently placed the baby in my arms
"Why is she here?"
"I said I'd watch her while jack and his wife went on a date. She'll sleep through anything apparently." I looked down at the baby girl in my arms
"I'm so sorry me and Dom were shouting so loud baby girl. Lexi was a bit silly wasn't she eh?" I cooed reaching my finger out and watching intently as she wrapped her whole hand around it. She started fussing so I gently bounced her in my arms eventually rocking her back to sleep
"It's lex by the way."
"What?" I asked confused as to why he's just explained to me my own name
"The baby. Her name's Alexa. Lex for short."
"I like that name." He smiled but his expression turned curious when he realised I had more to say, "Tom do you think me and Dom will work out. Because everything since I've been pregnant has been a struggle. I honestly think he just doesn't wanna do it anymore."
"If I'm being honest with you, I can't say. It's down to what you both want. But what happened earlier wasn't it. You guys need to talk about things because you end up arguing like that."
"I know." He nodded kissing my forehead gently
"I know you do. Smart girl aren't ya? Now pass Baba over her parents will be home soon."
"Can I meet them?" His eyes lit up and he tried to play his excitement off quickly making me giggle and him roll his eyes.
"Yeah. Come on though. They will be back in the next half hour or so."