8

Dom walked back in to the house in a sad state. Jack had long gone and obviously taken his baby girl with him. They were nice people and seemed to love me. Seemed being the key word. But I choose to believe they weren't being fake.
"Dom?" I called out knowing he'd eventually have to see me so better make it quicker than he would have liked. He walked into the living room from the hall and looked at me, his face red and puffy clearly from crying a lot
"I've learned my lesson now." He said quietly "Me and ash, were not mates anymore. And she ain't coming anywhere near our child if she comes between me and my kids mum."
"Thank you. Very much." He nodded
"I deserved to be called out for what I did. But you didn't deserve any of that shit. And I'm sorry for that. Really fucking sorry. And Tom," he looked at Tom sat down in the chair "I'm sorry you had to yell to get us to stop. Made me see sense."
"Good. Now you guys talk it out. And maybe it will help more. I'm going upstairs. I need to find out where the fuck Adam and Mikey are cus they left when lex was here earlier."
"Lex?"
"No. Alexa. Jack's kid." Dom raised an eyebrow at me "I'm gonna leave you two to it." He left the room and Dom took my hand in his
"I'm really fucking sorry. But-" I interrupted him fearing the worst even though I was going to deliver the same news.
"I don't think I can do this Dom. I thought that I wanted to marry you, be together for fucking ever. But now I really don't know." His eyes started to well up but he nodded
"I know. I feel the same. And I hate that. But I wanna try."
"I hate that we have to try in the first place." I started crying too "Can't we have anything? Because we've argued over a lot recently and I'm scared it's gonna go badly if we bring lily into that." He wiped his own tears and pulled me closer to him "I don't wanna end this. I fucking love you dom. Can't we just try?"
"Just take some time. We don't have to officially call it off. And we can still call ourselves that if you want?"
"No. We're together and we're gonna fucking make it work." He gently cupped my face
"You're having doubts. And that's okay. But for you to know what we really need we have to at least acknowledge some kind of break."
"Can I have a cuddle?"
"Yeah Lexi bear. Course ya can." He sat down and pulled me down on the sofa besides him. He'd calmed down, or more so found a way of masking it from me, and so comforted me while I sobbed into his shoulder "Tomorrow I'm gonna go to the studio. Get out of your hair and you can talk to Tom about what's going on inside that pretty little head of yours. But you call me if anything happens okay?" I bit my lip and nodded trying not to cry more "But whatever happens I'll always fucking love you."
"Until you close your eyes for good?"
"That's right. You should hear my song. But I wanna save it for when my baby girl is here."
"If Tom was with lily like he is with me would you be mad?" I croaked out
"Not one fucking bit. Because Tom is someone who will never leave her side. And I know that because he never really left yours." I thought about it and he was right. He may have been gone but he was always there in my mind and I always followed his advice he gave me when he was around. Part of him influenced me with Dom and the boys. "You get what I mean?"
"Yeah."
"I don't wanna go on a break Lexi."
"Neither do I Dommy. Can't we just stick this out?" He chuckled and kissed my forehead and in that simple moment it felt like every doubt if had was gone
"You and me Lexi. Always and forever. I fucking promise."

"Lexi? Lexi darlin' you gotta wake up."
"Huh?" I mumbled a little confused "Where's Dom?"
"He's gone to get some bits from the shops with Adam. He thought it would be helpful for him to go out and clear his mind after last night."
"Lexi wants cuddles." I whined sticking my arms out "Please?"
"Sure" he said sitting down beside me and hugging me close "Is everything alright?"
"Yeah. Just wanted a cuddle." He kissed my head gently "Is that alright?"
"Of course it's alright."
"Me and Dom decided were gonna work things out." he let go of me and kept one arm around my shoulders instead
"Okay. That's good. As long as you're both happy with that then it's all good."
"When can I see Alexa again? Because her and lily could be friends since there's only like two months between them."
"Jack said the same thing when they brought her home. Said that when I came back he'd let me take baby round to see your little one."
"I hope she has friends like mine." He smiled and closed his eyes, sighing as his head fell against the back of the sofa. Perfectly content.
"She'll be alright. She's got us." He said softly "And you know you got me for good this time? Forever."
"Yeah. I know."
"Good." He sat up just to gently kiss my temple before relaxing again "I can't have my girl thinking I don't love her." I didn't quite know how to read that phrasing. I didn't know what to respond with either "That sounded weird didn't it" he said chuckling
"Yeah it did." I said laughing along with him though I was still confused as fuck "What did you mean"
"I don't know. It's not important. Forget I said it."
"Oh. Okay." I said turning the TV on to fill the void of noise. It was still on quiet though and I could hear Tom breathing as he kept me close to him.
"I don't like this. I'm going upstairs" he said before removing his arm and walking away.

Toms POV
I get that I made it weird. But I spoke how I felt in the moment. Lexi was and is the only person that's ever meant so fucking much to me. Someone I love with all my heart completely and utterly platonically but with every fibre of my being. More than Dom did though he'd probably fight me on that. But I made it weird. I'm being dramatic anyway. And maybe slightly exaggerating how I feel. Or maybe not. God this shits confusing.
"Fuck!" I groaned flopping down onto my back on the bed "Why'd you have to go and mess it up?" I turned my head to the side,sick of the sight of my bedroom ceiling to see the frame I'd put up when I moved back in. The Polaroids from when I bought her the camera for her birthday. Almost a year ago now. They were neatly tucked side by side to fit just right into the frame and I smiled at them. But then I dropped it. And returned my gaze to the ceiling as before "Get your shit together."