18

"Anything?"
"Yeah. You can ask anything, I'll be open with you about what's going on. But it stays between us."
"So what does let call you?" He chuckled
"Tommy. Like you and little lily." I smiled but still wouldn't look up at him "We can be alone if you want? Jack doesn't mind he'll head up to bed."
"No. I don't have a problem with jack. Or the situation. Just a bit overwhelmed that's all. And feel a bit shitty that you didn't get to actually, like, come out to me."
"Don't worry. I wouldn't have made it a big thing anyway."
"Why?"
"Because what would I achieve? I'm happy in who I am and who I love. Well, I'm not quite there just yet but I'm trying my best."
"So you don't wanna label it?"
"No. I'm just seeing who I want to."
"I'm proud of you. For finding yourself, even in a shitty time in your life."
"Thank you, its appreciated."
"And thanks Jack. For being there for him. I don't mean in like, the sexual sense. More like the moral support way."
"I'm grateful to have him. I'm not gonna force my way into your life by any means, but I'm always by his side as far as anything is concerned." I nodded "Do you have any questions for the pair of us."
"Don't you think it's ironic? Like you don't wanna make a big deal but you're putting yourselves on the spot to give me the opportunity to ask anything."
"Yea but you're different."
"What if I don't want to be. I grew up a lot while you were gone Tommy, I'm not a kid, I have a kid now. I don't need you to separate a little section of your life for parenting me. I'll be fine." I didn't want to break free, nor did I want it to come out like that, just wanted him not to worry about things where I was concerned. Lily started crying at just the right time through the downstairs baby monitor, giving me a reason to leave. I didn't get very far since as soon as I was out of the door ready to go up the stairs, Tom was there. He seemed a little lost but he then stepped closer and pulled me into a tight hug. He was cradling me sort of, his hand on the back of my head to hold me against him. He was mumbling something but I didn't hear what he was saying to me. He then kissed my forehead a couple times and let go. Then he just gestured for me to go upstairs whilst he looked upset. It was then that I realised what it was. It was a sort of parting hug, since he thought I'd decided then and there I didn't wanna let him in like that again. Lily was still crying so I had no choice but to go upstairs, leaving him to it.

"She's a sweet little thing isn't she? Bet she'd love to meet my lex?"
"Yeah. I want her to." I didn't look up away from the sleeping baby in my arms because I knew why he was up there
"Can I come sit next to you?" I nodded and he sat down next to me on the little sofa in lily's room "I love it when they're sleeping, they're so soft and cuddly."
"Why are you up here jack, you don't have any reason to."
"Well Tom told me to give you this." He held the ring out and I knew it was the one he gave to him "But I also know that he doesn't actually want you to have it. He just wants you to know how badly he took what you said, so maybe you'd go and talk to him about it." I shook my head "Why's that sweetheart?"
"Because he's gonna get all focused on me and I want him to focus on you. You're his..." I looked up at him waiting for an answer, he smiled softly
"Boyfriend." He completed, then giving me opportunity to continue
"Yeah, you're his boyfriend." I looked back down to lily "And as his boyfriend you should be something he should worry about. And I worry what would happen if you broke his heart, and you'd only do that if he wasn't being a good boyfriend, and he can't do that with me in the way."
"Sweetheart that's not how it works."
"Why can't it work that way. It would make so much sense."
"Things don't make sense." I nodded "I know you know that don't you? And you don't really think that it makes sense you just want it to so it can be fixed."
"That sounds like you care about how I feel?"
"I do. Because as upset as Tom is right now, you're just trying to figure out where you fit."
"You're gonna be a good dad to your little girl."
"Thanks. Had a lot of practice with my sisters growing up. Looked after them a lot. My oldest sister is about 27 now. I think you'd like her."
"Wait so how old are you?"
"29. Bit older than Tom but not much. Besides he's a lot more mature than me anyway. Me and my sister were close in age but as the oldest I took the role."
"Oh. Sorry you had to do that."
"It's alright. Made me a better person. And made me see a lot of myself in tom. He's helping you how I helped Katie."
"I know. But I don't want him to feel like everything's on hold for me and what I want. If he wants to love you it shouldn't matter what I think."
"But to him It does. Because you're a huge part of his life now, more than I'll probably ever be but I'm content with that fact. If you needed him he'd drop everything to come be by your side."
"But the one thing I shouldn't have an opinion on is who he is. Because no matter what he's still our Tommy so what's the point in being mad about it."
"Then go tell him that. But the way you left he thought that you felt you'd been replaced. And he was beating himself up about it."
"I'm gonna show him the gift dom got for me. He'll love that."
"Care to explain?"
"I could show you. Let me put lily down in her cot and ill show you what he got me." I stood up with some help from him since I wobbled slightly "Sweet baby" I cooed, waiting as she shuffled a little but eventually settled down "Just like her dad."
"What?"
"The way she wriggles before she goes to bed. Dom does it like a little baby too. Makes me laugh how he's so similar to a month old baby."
"You gonna show me the gift?" I nodded and walked to the door but he was still sat down. He smirked at me, winding me up, but if living in a house full of boys had taught me anything it was to take no shit. I walked over and grabbed his hand tightly to tug on it
"Come on jack" I whined, tugging on his arm some more "Please I wanna go see Tommy." I sounded just like a little kid but he got up nonetheless and let me pull him out of the room by his hand
"You're too fucking cute." He commented, using his free hand to ruffle my hair which made me smile softly. It also made me feel safe which was very rare when I met new people. But part of me knew he wouldn't try and hurt me "Lex?"
"Hmm?"
"You gonna go in the room?" I chuckled
"Oh, yeah. Come on then." I opened the door and pulled him in "It's right here."