20

"Lexi?" I groaned and reached out for the bedside lamp, fumbling around a little before I finally turned it on
"What?"
"It's tom. He's convinced he wants to come sleep in here but I don't know if that's best if you're not awake to say no." I chuckled
"He does it when he's sad. He can join me if he wants. But he's safe with you."
"You trust me with that?"
"Course I do." I turned the lamp off and rolled over "He's welcome to join me, but I won't be bitter if he stays with you."
"Okay. Sleep well sweetheart, sorry for disturbing you."
"Night Jack." He left the room but I didn't get a chance to fall asleep before the door opened again. Tom thought I was sleeping though, and he gently kissed my forehead
"I'm sorry sweet girl." He whispered "Won't yell again."
"You wanna cuddle?"
"Thought I did. But you're fine by yourself. Just wanna say sorry."
"It's okay Tommy. I forgive you, things are just hard right now."
"I know. But I'll never let you feel like you're not important. Not for long anyway and if I do it it'll be accidental."
"Cmere" I prompted, shuffling over in the bed "Come cuddle with me. Been ages since we've done that." He chuckled
"That's because you have a fiancé. He literally put a baby in you so I wouldn't be surprised if he shared a room with you and left no room for me."
"Yeah but you also had sex with me twice so we're not even going there." That made him actually laugh and it felt nice that I could joke about such a rough part in our lives. He got into the bed beside me and didn't say anything "Were okay joking about that aren't we?"
"Yeah. Just quiet because I'm happy." I smiled and laid my head on his chest "Is dom gonna be mad when he gets back?"
"Nope. Although he did say if you were gonna sleep here that you should not be drunk."
"I only had one drink. I'm not getting bad again. Gotta stay strong for my little family." He kissed the top of my head "missed this."
"I love Jack. Think he's perfect cus he's just like you. But I know he's been through it."
"But we're good at helping people like that aren't we?"
"Yep. He's welcome to be a part of our family. But if he ever breaks your heart ill kill him."
"Good to know. But I already warned him." I smiled, knowing he knew me so well "I'm gonna go back with Jack okay? He seemed a little shaken up about you before."
"He was talking about his sisters. And how he was looking after me like them. I don't know what happened but I guess he's just worried." Tom went deadly silent, not that he wasn't already quiet but it was a clear intentional pause "You know what happened don't you?"
"I'm not telling you that. But just... don't be mad if he seems a little overbearing. It comes from a genuine place."
"I know." I took a deep breath and took in the moment for a second or two before speaking up "Cmon. You should probably get back to Jack. Make sure to lock the door."
"Are you sure you're okay covering for us?"
"Yeah. I'm sure. I'd love you to stay but I think he needs you more. Cus I brought stuff up for him."
"It's okay. You didn't know."
"I know. But go make sure he's okay."
"Lily might be up soon anyway so I'll let you sleep while you can." He turned to look at the digital clock "Another hour."
"You remembered her sleep schedule?"
"Course I did."
"That's cute. Lex is gonna be so lucky to have you."
"She's a little princess."
"I'm so happy you got your family. After everything...yknow."
"Jack's got me into therapy. Talking with someone helps. I didn't tell you because you'd be scared I was gonna get upset. But I see her every Thursday."
"I know. I figured when you went for set times that it was an appointment kinda thing. Thought you'd tell me when the time was right." He nodded and kissed the top of my head
"You good?"
"Yeah. Go on. Go be with your boyfriend"
"You're so chill about this. You know you can tell me if something upsets you?"
"And I would. But this doesn't. As long he treats you right and thinks about how he acts with you then I don't care. He's a sweet guy." He sighed softly and kissed the top of my head again "You gonna go?"
"Yeah yeah. Give me a minute." I chuckled
"Do you wanna stay? You can stay but lily will wake you up on the baby monitor."
"I don't mind that. Just wanna stay here for a bit."
"That's alright." I closed my eyes but I knew I probably wasn't going to get any sleep
"So about the sexuality thing. I don't quite know what I am yet."
"Who." I corrected "And that's okay. You don't have to know. As long as you know that you love Jack."
"I do. Didn't think I could feel proper love after jess. But he was patient and walked me through it. Like how I was supposed to deal with the trauma. Not sleeping with you."
"I don't hate you for that. We both found our way."
"So glad you let me back in though. I could've lost you forever."
"Never. We went through too much to do that."
"Lex is gonna come over tomorrow. Her and lily can hang out if you want?"
"You can take them both out. Doms not working and so it gives me and him some time together and you get time with the little ones."
"I'm so lucky to have you trust me like that. I love you. You know that right?"
"Yeah. Always have known."
"You sure I'm okay to stay here with you?"
"Of course you are."