Chapter 7: The Pursuit

Sorry this one's late, I had a busy week.

Recap of the story so far:

Chapter 1: The Aftermath

(Flashback) Ned harasses her mom, Alba, with her scooter.

(Present) Ned and Sonic team up and are rescued from the debris by Combine, a friend of Sonic's.

(Flashback) The Furry CEOs arrive at Stinky's Sandwich Shop. Alba references some terrible evil from which she wishes to protect Ned.

(Present) Ned formally meets Combine and they team up. They find a place to stay with a wolf furry. Combine and Sonic discuss their big secret.

(Flashback) Ned and her dad, Damien, try to survive the Furry Takeover. Her mom comes home but succumbs to Furry Madness and tries to kill her.

(Present) The wolf goes outside because there's so much smoke inside.

(Flashback) Damien protects Ned from Alba. Absolute furry chaos breaks out.

Chapter 2: The Advisor

(Present) Sonic hides the dead wolf girl from Ned. The group heads to Chet's gas station to find Candy

(Flashback) Combine ponders the rise of the Furry Empire and how he and Candy got where they are. Harambe and Sonic arrive at the capitol.

(Present) The group discovers that Chet's contains only stale banana bread. They find Candy and the Ford©️ Focus in the mechanic's shop. Candy almost says something but the others cut him off and they all act suspicious. The Ford©️ Focus is out of gas but Combine insists they take it anyway.

(Flashback) Big City Mouse meets Candy, Combine, and Sonic. She reveals that she killed Supreme Leader President Captain Evans of the United States of America, and that he's been succeeded by Supreme Leader President Captain Palko, who Big City Mouse claims to have convinced to leave Furville alone. Although she is also reportedly working on a top-secret military project that Big City Mouse fears she might use to conquer Furville in the future. Big City Mouse asks for a boiga.

(Present) Sonic, Candy, and Combine discuss how Big City Mouse corrupted Harambe and turned Furville from a utopia into a dictatorship. The Ford©️ Focus runs out of gas. A building explodes and begins to fall onto the car. Candy grows sharp teeth and rips through Ned's broken seatbelt to get her out, before getting crushed by the building. Big City Mouse emerges from an alleyway, tells the group that Harambe is dead, and then stabs Sonic.

Chapter 3: The Underground

(Present) Big City Mouse runs off after stabbing Sonic. The group enters the tunnels that were used by the underground human resistance so that they can get to the Furville Watchtower where they can heal Sonic. Sonic talks about his time in the lab and how that has affected him.

(Flashback, about three years after the Furry Takeover) Sonic debates Harambe on the banishment of humans from Furville.

(Flashback) Ned and Damien hear that humans have been banished. They go to find Alba, who is hospitalized at Furville Watchtower for her Furry Madness, but they get turned away and nearly arrested, but the human resistance helps them escape.

(Present) The floor of the tunnel has given way to a sinkhole, but the group must cross over it by the light of gunfire from a firefight behind them. Sonic is forced to let Ned handle herself.

Chapter 4: The Dragon

(Flashback) Ned and Damien, now with the resistance, discuss how they were Alba's only family.