17

the louvre — lorde

"blow all my friendships

to sit in hell with you."

Sofia's life basically consisted of two things during the couple of weeks after that trip to Spain:

1. Kissing Regulus in the potions lab and a few empty classrooms here and there (probably her favourite part).

2. A sinking guilt whenever she thought about Sirius (which was a lot).

Regulus had had the tremendous idea to Transfigure a cabinet in the potions lab into a comfortable little loveseat, which was very useful for snogging or just lazing together.

But Sofia couldn't fully relax until Sirius knew. She kept putting it off though. She knew full well that the longer she put it off, the more potential there was for things to blow up in her face. Which was proven to be true on one fateful evening in the greenhouses.

It had been a few days prior maybe, that Sofia had realised how empty the greenhouses were on most afternoons. It was a nice Thursday evening when she stood next to some pretty flowers she didn't know the name of and waited for Regulus to show. She'd lied to Sirius and told him she had some homework to do and headed straight for the greenhouse. But she'd feel sick if she kept thinking about that.

"You sure you wanna touch those?" He asked, suddenly leaning onto the table next to her.

"Why wouldn't I want to touch them?" Her hand hovered over the pink petals.

"Well, I have never seen you successfully raise a plant in Herbology."

Sofia crossed her arms over her chest as she looked at Regulus. "We're not here to discuss my gardening abilities."

He got a wicked grin on his face and Sofia's knees went weak. "No, we're not."

Before Sofia could react, he'd taken her arms and uncrossed them and had her pressed up against his chest. His lips already capturing hers.

Sofia slowly settled her arms around his neck. He picked her up and she let out a yelp. He pulled her up onto a patch of earth beside the flowers.

She pulled away. "You're going to get dirt on my bum."

"Ever heard of a little spell called Tergeo?"

Sofia huffed, not managing to fully pull off being angry with him. Regulus's lips were on her neck and she forgot about the dirt. She giggled. "That tickles."

He removed himself from the crook of her neck and spoke as he planted kisses all over her face. "You're so ticklish."

"Shut up."

His lips were just returning to hers when Sofia heard it.

"Sofia?"

She tensed. Regulus pulled away from her, although he still stood between her legs. Sofia was sure her heart had stopped. She forced herself to look in the direction of the voice, already knowing full well who awaited. Outside the open window of the greenhouse stood Sirius.

His face was going through emotions rapidly. At first, it was pure disbelief, then it switched to something more like hurt, then it settled into anger.

Sofia felt frozen. She didn't even realise when Sirius walked into the room and pulled Regulus away from her harshly by the back of his robes.

Then Sirius did something Sofia sincerely did not see coming and he punched his brother in the face. Regulus stumbled backwards but he didn't fall, Sirius held him by the front of his robes. "What the fuck did you do to her? Did you give her a love potion?" Sirius yelled.