Chapter 3 - Armin

I was just walking through the corridors, when I saw her. I was sure it was her. In real life. Just sitting there, by the stairs. Am I dreaming?

"Hey," was all I could manage to get out. She looked up at me as if I was an old friend.

She let out a gasp, her eyes widening. Did her cheeks just get redder-? I shrugged off the thought, but I couldn't help staring at her beautiful blue eyes. "Annie?"

I could tell she recognized me. The way she looked at me, and the way her body tensed up. But, she hadn't seen me in the past few years. I should introduce myself.

"It's me, Armi-" She cut me off mid sentence, standing up. "I know- I know who you are." She looked at me as though she had never seen a person before. "Can I- talk with you?" Her words were so soft, not as she usually was. I could sense that she was overwhelmed.

"Of course." I held out my hand to help her up. She hesitated for a moment, just staring at it. I let out a soft laugh as she took my hand.

She led me into a corridor that was dimly lit by the gas lanterns. But she looked beautiful as ever.

For a moment, it almost felt as if we were just taking in each other's presence. She looked even more beautiful now that she was out of the crystal. But I could see how exhausted she was.

"So," I said, breaking the silence, "what is it?" She looked at me, speechless, although her face was filled with emotions.

"Listen," she started, "you- you were right. I could hear you in the crystal. In fact," She looked down at her shoes. "I could hear everyone."

I wasn't surprised. "Oh," I could feel a blush growing on my cheeks. Stop it. "Well then, i'm-"

"Don't be sorry." Why was she treating me like this? "I understand." She looked back up, into my eyes. Her face still had the same solemn look, but there was a hue of pink on her cheeks.

"It must have been- must've been-" I kept on getting distracted by her. Why would she want to talk to me?

"It was. It was hard in the crystal, trust me." Her breath was shaky, I could tell she was being serious. "But I remember," she took a deep breath, "I remembered everything you said."

Oh god. "I'm sorry- I just- didn't have anyone else. I should have let you rest." I thought she was about to agree with me, it was Annie after all.

"No," she said, taking me aback. "It was the only reason I enjoyed my time there." She looked at me. Is this some sort of sick prank? A joke of some sort?

"Annie, you don't have to do this, i'm telling you." I could see her face becoming more serious. "I already told you. I am serious about this, Armin."

The way she said my name... it made me feel something I didn't realize I could feel. "Annie," I looked at her, up and down. "You really aren't how they say you are, you know."

I was shocked at myself. I was towering over her at this point. It was back to this game of staring at each other.

We turned our heads as we heard someone coming in the hallway. It was Sasha, Mikasa, Jean, Connie, and Eren.

"We've been looking for you dipshits," Connie laughed. "Yeah!" Sasha broke out into a fit of laughter.

Annie and I had already broken our gaze. "Come on, let's go back." Eren suggests, and everyone else nods.

I walk back with Eren and Jean to the boy's rooms. "So, what were you guys doing?" Jean asks, poking me.

"Oh, you know, she was still distraught from that crystal and I saw her in the hallway," I replied. "So, how is she?" Eren looked at me. "She's fine now. Just had to calm down."