Joining forces

Peter's POV

Peter was scared out of his mind.

His aunt was gone.

Like dead, gone.

May.

She couldn't be. He wouldn't allow it.

But it was true.

Peter had cried a lot. He probably could fill multiple buckets with how much he cried.

Happy wasn't much better, well Peter assumed he wasn't. He hadn't seen him at all that day until it was nighttime and he had come back from wherever he had gone with puffy red eyes.

This sucks. Peter thought.

It was an understatement but Peter felt numb.

All of team Flash was sitting in the cortex feeling completely depressed. They all hated seeing Peter like this. He was just a kid.

"Who could have done this?" Caitlin asked quietly.

Barry shook his head, "Anyone."

Happy looked up, "Maybe aliens, just some random murderer, Gods, or HYDRA."

Peter nodded numbly.

"What's HYDRA?" Cisco asked.

"The people responsible for this." A new voice answered.

Everybody immediately turned and went into defensive positions, ready to fight.

The person who had spoken had light brown hair and grey-blue eyes. In one hand he held a sturdy bow and wore a quiver of arrows.

Peter knew this person.

"Ag-agent H-hawkeye sire, Barton-SHIELD, scary-no cool. Nice to meet you Agent Barton Hawkeye sir. We never officially met. I'm Peter-man. Wait no! I mean spider-parker. Erm, uh-"

"Peter Parker, Spiderman. Yes I read your file, kid." The Clint Barton said with a small smile.

"Wait. You two, know each other?" Barry asked, relaxing a bit.

"Yes, they're from the same earth." Another gruff voice said and the owner of the voice along with a dark skinned man walked in.

"Oliver? Diggle?" Barry said, relieved.

"This guy," the person Peter assumed was Diggle jerked a thumb at the Clint, "Washed up half dead in a lake where we were taking care of some criminals."

Clint smiled sheepishly, "It wasn't my fault." He turned to Barry, Cisco, Caitlin, Harry, and Joe, face turning neutral. "I'm Clint Barton, former agent of SHIELD, my code name is Hawkeye. I worked briefly with Peter after..." He trailed off, voice going somber, he didn't finish the sentence.

Joe stood up, "Detective Joe West, I work for the CCPD." He held out his hand and Clint shook it.

"I'm Caitlin and this is Cisco." Caitlin said, gesturing to said person.

"Harrison Wells, also from another earth." Harry shook Clint's hand too.

"But call him Harry." Cisco piped up.

"And I'm Barry Allen. Also known as the Flash."

Clint nodded his head slowly, "I knew someone with superspeed." He turned back to Peter and studied him very closely. Finally he asked, "What's wrong? Besides us being stuck on a completely different planet with no way to go back."

"Um, uh, nothing." He said quickly.

Everyone raised their eybrow at that.

Peter sighed, "My aunt May, she... apparently she died."

Clint frowned, "How do you know? We're stranded on a different earth."

The Oliver guy picked up the letter and the newspaper from Zoom which had been left on a computer desk. "I'm guessing this?" He asked sadly.

Peter nodded mutely.

Clint took the note and newspaper from Oliver and read it quickly. "You're sure this is from our earth?"

Peter looked up, "That's what Zoom said."

"So this Zoom guy... is he a very trustworthy person?" Clint asked innocently.

"No." Caitlin and Harry answered at the same time.

"So, maybe he could've been lying?"

Peter shook his head, "It's date was the same as when I left and everything on the newspaper... it's gotta be her." His lip trembled a bit.

Clint raised an eyebrow, "Except for one thing kid."

Peter looked up fast.

Clint continued, "This was written by Queen's Post."

"So?"

"I was an agent who had to learn and memorize a lot of things. From countries to cities. Languages and history. Culture, websites, maps, and even news platforms. And I keep myself updated. At least in our Earth, there is nothing called Queen's Post. And if it had happened, I would've heard about it. I only got here a few days ago. It was published before that."

Finally hope gave way into Peter's features, "So she could be alive?"

"Yeah kid, there's still a pretty good chance."

"I hate to break up this celebration," Oliver said, "But I'm pretty sure we have some villains to catch."

Diggle nodded and so did Joe.

Clint put on a mischievous grin and stretched his arms back, "Let's go catch us some HYDRA scum and this Zoom guy."

Everybody nodded in agreement.

"Then let's go." Barry said.

...

"Wait guys, who's HYDRA?"

And dun dun dun! Guys. I finally updated! I'm so proud of myself! You should be too.

I feel kinda really bad. Sooo, do you forgive me?

If not that's totally fine. I can just cry some more👀
                                     💧

-✌👣

Word count: 820