Jerza 2

{MIRA'S POV}
I have seen the error in my ways: coffee stains too much. To make sure no unhappy accidents mess with them, I need a Laxus-proof plan.

And right now, Erza is at the courthouse for official business, when three male lawyers and rival politicians surround her.

They ogle and leer at her fantastic maroon pantsuit, saying she doesn't have the balls to be run for Congress (literally), making perverted comments and generally being... donkey butts!

Erza can take care of herself and doesn't give an inch. The problem is that these misogynistic men just won't quit hassling her. Grrr!

Jellal sees them and comes to Erza's aid. No matter what happens, as long as he gets in between them, he'll stop those nasty men and it's bound to earn him some points in her favor.

And just to make sure nobody blocks his way, I've minimized his presence, to the lowest possible level. The passers by won't notice him, therefore they won't bother him either!

Nooo! It's working too well. People don't notice Jellal so they don't get out of his way, instead treating him like literal air. They bump into him and walk in front of him, slowing Jellal down tenfold.

Is it just me, or are there suddenly a lot more people walking between Jellal and Erza? She grinds her teeth and clenches her fists. Her position is a lot more fragile than her opponents' are. If she so much as scratches them, they'll whine to the press and make her out to be a total biatch.

Erza knows this, so for the sake of her reputation and future career, she's forcing herself to not to act on their shameless provocation and sexist commentary. How frustrating!

"Once!" I beg Laxus. "Please. Don't tell me you condone this behavior?"

He nods, irked by the rotting trash disguised as respectable human beings. The foot traffic immediately dies down, and Jellal runs forward. I turn his presence back on, making one lady gasp.

He shoves himself between Erza and the group of lawyers and politicians. They laugh and make fun of him, calling him a wimp.

Erza is fiercely loyal to her companions. Seeing Jellal get bullied, a dark aura surrounds her. They see it and back away. Some pees their pants as they run crying to their mommies. I doubt they'll spread this disgraceful story.

Not the most romantic, but all's well that ends well. I send Laxus a look of gratitude. "Thanks."

"I'm a god of bad luck, not bad people." He shrugs. "Besides, a vlogger was filming nearby, and happened to record everything they said. It'll be viral on social media by this evening."

"What bad luck." I tsk, smiling widely.

"What can I say?" Laxus grins, walking backwards towards the exit. "That's kinda my thing."

He turns and raises a peace sign over his right shoulder as he leaves. Laxus was rather... tolerable today? Dangerous thoughts Mira!

Anyways! Next time, for sure, this ship will sail!