Miraxus *sigh* 1.5(ish?)

{MIRA'S POV}
"Do I have to?" I ask Lisanna for the fiftieth time.

She rolls her eyes and groans. "Yes! No matter how many times you ask, the answer is yes! You picked dare, now deal with the consequences!"

I sigh and look over at my couch. Laxus is sprawled out, messing with the lottery so no one wins again. The god of bad luck really loves the lottery. Freed, Bickslow, and Evergreen sit criss cross applesauce on the floor in front of the couch, playing video games.

I feel hot. Is the AC broken? I bet the AC broke. I fan myself. There's no way I'm nervous. I'm a goddess of true love, for heaven's sake!

"You got this, Mirajane!" I give myself a pep talk. "It's just a little peck. Think of it like a cat licking—no wait, I don't wanna add tongue!"

I walk up from behind and, without warning, lean down over the back of the couch and kiss Laxus on the cheek. Then I spin around and walk back as if nothing happened, though my face is on fire. The other three don't even notice me.

Hopefully Laxus doesn't see my ears are red and misunderstand—this is only truth or dare! Ugh!! My sister just so happens to be a matchmaking goddess.

Lisanna is waiting for me with her hands on her hips. "That wasn't ten seconds."

"But—"

"You owe me nine more seconds." Lisanna shoves me towards my couch, despite my attempts to resist. My splutters of protest fall on deaf ears.

Come on Mira! You have no reason to be shy!

It's not like I actually like like Laxus. He doesn't like like me either—oh. Now I'm upset.

Humph! I'll show him! I turn on my heel and march back to Laxus. He's frozen like a statue in exactly the same position he was when I kissed him.

I have a plan! I use my hair as a curtain so it looks to Lisanna like we're kissing when we really aren't. This is 100% guaranteed to work!

What could possibly go wrong?

Laxus notices my approach this time and leans his head as I try to fake-kiss his cheek again. I end up staring into his eyes, my hair curtain in place.

"I lost a dare with Lis, play along!" I shush him. Laxus nods. His eyes are wide, pupils blown.

One Mavissippi, two Mavissippi. Laxus has really pretty eyes. Noo, bad Mira!

Three Mavissippi, four Mavissippi. They're lighter grey than they seem from a distance, almost blue.

Five Mavissippi, six Mavissippi, seven Mavissippi. But do they have flecks of orange in them? Why am I focusing on this?! Totally don't care.

Eight Mavissippi, nine Mavissippi, ten Mavissippi. His breath is minty. Is my breath minty?

Oh crud, I was only supposed to go to nine seconds... why am I still pretending to kiss this jerkwad if my time is up?! Geez!

I pull back. Laxus sits up, opening his mouth like a fish. Freed notices the shifting of weight and looks over his shoulder curiously.

I duck down behind the couch, covering my mouth with my hands. This... feels... SCANDALOUS!!!

My beloved sister's head pokes out of the doorway. She's grinning ear to ear. I glare at Lisanna and slice my hand across my neck—a silent death threat.

"LAXUS!" His grandfather, the king of heaven (also lovingly referred to as Master Makarov), roars as he barges into the room. I scramble for safety.

"Yuh—uh—I—huh? W-What is it, old man?"

"Why aren't you doing your job properly? 433 people just hit the jackpot in the Philippines!"

Hmm? I look through the glass floor to see what's up. The winning numbers are 09, 18, 27, 36, 45, 54; a rare and lucky occurrence. Now Laxus can't plague all those people with the curse of the lottery winner.

Was that me? Am I the problem? I don't think I'm the problem. Err... best to whistle and leave inconspicuously while Laxus is getting chewed out.

Next time, for sure, this ship will... um... sink! That's totally what I want to happen...