Chapter 11

Stay until the end. You won't be disappointed!

^Listen to the song above while reading the chapter.

Kia Brown

AS Kia pointed her weapon towards the three perpetrators, she couldn't believe how her life had taken a turn.

"Listen, we were just messing around with you. No need to point a weapon at us," one of the men said, cautiously. However, Kia studied the games of criminals. Not only were they compulsive liars, they were manipulative. She had a feeling that they were planning on sexually assaulting her; but now she had a gun, meaning that she held the control. So, of course they would try to make her feel like she was overreacting. However, she planned on getting the truth out of them before lowering her gun.

"Like I said, where is Dylan Robinson? I have a feeling you know where he is," Kia repeated. She brought them back to the focus at hand. She would reveal no information about herself, as she was not supposed to be here to begin with.

She just needed to get the information that she came to get, and get out.

"Delilah? Is that your name?" Gaze asked, hesitantly.

"Yes, now tell me what you know," she demanded, gripping her weapon tighter so they could see she was serious.

"If you want us to be completely honest, we have never known a Dylan. However, we did hear Boss mention his name a couple of days ago. He is a prisoner, Honey. So, whatever Bonnie and Clyde mission you are on to save your so-called boyfriend is not going to end well for you," the dark skinned man added.

"Where are the prisoners located?" Kia asked, adding more aggression to her tone. She was tired of talking to these men. She needed to get in and out fast. If her cover was blown, she was as good as dead.

"In the East Wing. You know what, fellas? If she wants to go on a death mission, let her. It's not our fault because we warned her. When Boss catches her up there, she'll be as good as dead," Gaze concluded and then he turned to her and said, "Now lower your weapon. We told you the information that you wanted."

She lowered her weapon and ran out of the room, searching for what they called the East Wing. She knew that taking a prisoner was considered to be a death wish. In many gangs, helping a prisoner escape was considered high treason. However, she had a cover name and a fake age. By the time these people put all the pieces together, she would have escaped with Dylan by then.

The only problem was she had to figure out how to get Dylan without being seen. He was bound to have wounds because he is a prisoner. It was rare that gangs didn't impose torture when they kidnapped victims. Thinking about Dylan in a battered and broken state did something to her, and a part of her throat closed up. She could feel tears threatening to unleash themselves from her eyes. But she pushed them back. She couldn't cry; especially when she was supposed to be undercover. Besides, crying wouldn't make her situation any different.

Coming back to her current situation, Kia started to realize that wandering around the abandoned building was getting her nowhere. She encountered the same thing the more she walked around. There were loud altercations between gang members, dust, debris, and tons of little rooms. Any single one of those rooms could be the East Wing. She tried to think about where these gangs would keep their prisoners, and essentially came up with nothing. This was partly because the whole building looked like a prison to begin with; it was abandoned and old.

Finally, Kia decided to take her chances and ask somebody where the East Wing was. However, she needed a better story. Meaning, she needed another cover story that didn't contradict what she told those three men earlier. She pondered on what her story would be before approaching a woman who looked around the same age as she was.