Chapter 6

Hey guys. I'm finally back for another update. Now, I have extremely good and bad news. My school has closed due to the Coronavirus and this is bad news. But the good news is that I'll be updating this book more often since I have more time on my hands.

Previously on His Undoing...

Kia finally figures out that her father is either in a mafia or involved in one and Dylan falls harder for Kia.

Kia Brown

Kia was scared when she took in the shocking information. She had no idea what to do. However, she knew the first thing that she had to do was remove her mom from her father's house. Her mother could easily leave. The problem was that Kia had to convince her to do so in a timely fashion. Then she could report this information to the police right away. This time, she had evidence against her father.

Kia stared at her mama, while she looked at her as if she had grown three heads.

"Kia, are you absolutely sure? He's participating in criminal activity? What criminal activity? You have to be more specific. Kia, I think you're making a mistake. Falsely accusing someone of a crime is a felony. We should be sure about this before we say or report anything," her mother expressed, very worried.

"I want to tell you what it is but if I do, you won't believe me. You'll think I've been watching too many movies," she admitted. And this was the truth. If she ever told her mother what she saw in her father's bedroom, she'd think Kia was going insane and had been watching too many episodes of Criminal Minds. Then her mother would laugh it off and ask if she wanted some cornbread and hot tea to calm her nerves. It was pointless to try to explain to her mother how dangerous this was.

Kia knew her mother was a victim of abuse and that she was vulnerable in this situation. However, Kia also knew that even though her mother didn't want to admit it, she still loved her father. She missed the man that he was before this cruel world ruined him.

But what her mother didn't realize was that her husband was gone. He was a different person and nothing would ever make him into the man he used to be. That is why she continued to stay after he had treated her horribly. She was bound by love and this toxic love trapped and imprisoned her like a helpless bird. And that was why Kia refused to fall in love, she hated the concept. She'd never fall in love with someone unless they knew her, understood her, cherished her like a goddess.

She didn't want to be weak and trapped by her feelings, giving her soul to another who would throw it away. She wanted to be strong and free. And this is why her last relationship with her ex-boyfriend, Edward, didn't work out. He wanted to own her instead of trying to understand her. And unlike her mother, she was made of steel and she'd never let another man own her, no matter how much she loved him.

Her mother pulled her out of her thoughts as she heard her voice.

"Oh, child, you're scaring me. Just tell me," she trembled and for a moment, Kia felt sorry for alarming her. However, she needed to hear the truth, and as her mother always told her, the truth will set you free.

"Mama," Kia sighed, closing her eyes. "He's in a mafia. I know you don't believe me. But as much as I hate him for abusing you, I know how you hold him in your heart. You don't have to lie, I know you love him. That's why you won't leave. And because you love him, I would never lie to you about this. I just want you to know the truth. He's in a mafia, and it's only a matter of time before he spirals out on you and instead of hitting you, he'll kill you. And I can't lose my mother. I just can't."

"You figured all this out when you went in his room?" Her mother asked, as tears rolled down her face.

"Yes," she replied.