Chapter 8

I'm trying to keep up with this book and not ghost you guys. So far, I am doing good. Enjoy the chapter, my loves. Also, just so you guys know. I am away from my hometown with no computer in a place that has low wifi connection. So, if you guys can't see the full chapter, let me know in the comments or direct message me. Thank you, Loves. ❤

Dylan Robinson

AS Dylan walked through Kia's house, he scolded himself for being so careless. How could he kiss Kia? He knew the situation she was in, and getting closer to him was like signing her own death warrant. She was so pure and she always had good intentions so she wouldn't understand what she was involved in. He was supposed to be the smart one in this ordeal, making sure he convinced her not to help him. Yet here he was, in her house, allowing her to entertain this idea of proving his innocence.

He knew he should have told her no, put his foot down. But he could never do that with Kia. It was like she had some kind of powerful hold over him. He didn't know what he was thinking when he kissed her. Now that he was getting closer to her, he had yet another weakness that the mafia could use against him. That was one thing that he had always used to his advantage. When he was on the run, he had no one he cared about. He lost his family and his brother, Yovone. So when that happened, there was nothing that could be used as leverage against him. He made friends every now and then. However, most of the time he kept his "circle" small and if he met someone, he used a fake name.

However, with Kia in the picture, things were about to get complicated. He had four days to disappear before the mafia caught on and found him. The police were still on the lookout for him but with the crime rate increasing, they had taken a break from looking for him. After all, it had been five years since that incident. So what he really had to worry about was 'I Lupi' or The Wolves. I Lupi had been chasing him down for years. Part of the reason why was because he knew the full story of what happened that night. He could tell the police.

But they were also keen on finding him because of a debt that was long overdue. His parents, Mr. Robinson and Mrs. Robinson, borrowed huge sums of money from Givanno, the don of the I Lupi. This was not a big deal because Dylan's parents and the don were close friends. As time went on, Mr. Robinson wanted to leave the mafia after he figured out about some crime in Chicago. It was caused by Givanno but the police had no idea about this because Givanno owned a oil company as a cover for his crimes. When Mr. Robinson told Givanno that he wanted to leave, he was angry and he shot and killed Dylan's entire family. Dylan remembered all of those details vividly and he knew that they would be looking at him to repay his parents' debt. But he was poor and there was no way that he would be able to pay off what was owed. When they found him, they would either kill him or use him as a runner boy who sold drugs out on the street.

So, he would entertain her idea of proving his innocence and when she least expected it, he would disappear forever. He wouldn't put her in danger for his own selfish gain. If he really cared for her- and he did- then he would go away.

He was drawn out of his thoughts by soft music. He heard the tune of Do-Re-Mi by Julie Andrews playing in the background.

He chuckled, thinking of how innocent and playful the song was.

"You like The Sound of Music?" He asked, trying to make light conversation.

"Who doesn't? It's a classic, and its heartwarming. One of the best movies of all time to ever be created," Kia responded, a small smile forming on her face. As a child, she loved the movie. It was beautiful to see how a thing as simple as music could bring together a complicated family like The Von Trapps. When her mother saw her fascination with the movie, she bought her the full soundtrack. She still owned it to this very day.