The Speaker X Reader -- The Fake Crush

This was requested by N8DaGr8Boi

Things you need to know first :

1. ( Y/N ) is a female hunter.

2. Killer of two hive gods.

3. One of the best guardians.

4. Avenger of her dead Vanguard.

5. Savior of the Speaker and slayer of Ghaul. Hero of the Tower and Humanity several times.

6. Speaker is alive !!!!

7. The Reader saved the Speaker from Ghaul. After this, they became best friends. The Reader has been doing all of his missions and passed lots of time with him.

8. She likes him, but is afraid of telling him and ruining their friendship.

Back to now :

Reader's P.O.V:

I call my ghost and he teleports me into our ship. Today was a difficult day. I had to hunt all of those enemies for the Speaker.

" Let's return home and hand him our report. " I tell my ghost and he nods.

I sigh. It's been a while I have feelings for him. Of course, I have spoken with my ghost. He knows everything for me.

I rest my head on my hand. What if he finds out and rejects me ? Or worse, likes someone else ?

I haven't even seen his face. How can you fall for someone when you haven't seen his eyes, lips, hair.

I have no idea, but I indeed did.

I sigh.

" You are thinking about him ? Again ? " My ghost asks.

" Yeah. " I answer.

Time passes with me thinking how warm his embrace may be and how the sensations of my lips against his wold be if we ever share a kiss.

" We are here. " My ghost informs me.

" Perfect. " I speak alone and my ghost teleports us in the Courtyard.

I go to Kadi and grab a couple of weapons that I lost during my missions. Then, I buy from Tess a new cell for my ghost and ornaments of armor similar to that.

We always want to look the same. We both find it cute and pretty.

After this, we speak a little with Lord Shaxx and Zavala and deliver my completed bounties for calibration to Banshee.

I walk towards Speaker's spot. I ascend the stairs and enter the room.

I see him wearing his usual clothes and mask, sitting on the chair behind his desk and reading a random book.

" Hey Speaker ! " I greet him.

He closes the book and turns towards me. " Hello ( Y/N ). " He says.

I come closer and sit on a chair in front of his desk. I lean forward and look at the book.

" What were you reading about ? " I inquire with curiosity.

" It is ... nothing. " He replies quickly. He grabs the book and places it away from me.

" Alright. Chill. I just asked due to interest. I thought that we are friends. " I tell him with a heart broken expression.