Lakshmi-2 X Reader -- Repercussions

Things you need to know first :

1. Y/N is a female hunter. ( femaleXfemale. If you feel uncomfortable don't read or imagine the reader to be male. There is not big difference )

2. She is us.

3. She is a splicer.

4. She has relationship with Lakshmi since a couple of months before the Red War.

5. They live together.

Back to now :

Reader's P.O.V :

Today was an exhausting day. I did so many overrides and expunges that I cannot hold anymore. Tomorrow I will be tasked for the same or more. However, today is the day. I can't do this anymore.

I love Lakshmi. Really. With all of my heart. But... the old Lakshmi. The one who was standing next to me advising me and helping me as much as she could.

Unfortunately, I can't find her nowadays... I tried to speak with her. To convince her to stop saying and claiming such things for the Vanguard.

She was saying that she would but she wasn't.

Week by week her messages were becoming worst.

She said such horrible and mistaken words to Mithrax, a friend of mine. A friend, an ally, someone who risks his life and spends his time in order to protect US.

I cannot do this anymore.

Today, she said it clearly... " People of the Last City, The Vanguard betrayed you... " Such a lie. We do everything we can to stop this endless night.

I am part of this. My own girlfriend has insinuated that I betrayed them too...

Not to mention what she had said about us, the ones who use both light and darkness.

Ikora and I had a discussion a couple of weeks ago. She wanted this to stop. I tried by speaking to change Lakshmi's mind but didn't succeed. Today, Ikora was clear. 

Lakshmi needs to die.

By me or someone else. 

I told her that I will do it. I won't let anyone touch her. Even torture her. I will explain to her and then... pull the trigger.

I enter our house. She is not here. Very well.

I sit on the sofa in the living room listening to the silence. My ghost hands me a glass of whiskey. I acknowledge this action with a nod. I am not in the mood of speaking.

I cross my legs and become a part of the shadows. I take a sip planning my little 'speech' and the way the crime will be done.

Still wearing my armor which is covered with my enemies' blood; I casually put my favorite hand cannon Ace of Spades on the table in front of me.

I drink more of my whiskey. With the passage of each second my regrets and second thoughts are diminishing. 

I hear the door unlock and open.

She is here.

Showtime.

The door closes and locks. I focus on her steps. She is going towards our bedroom.

" I am here. " I call for her.

Her steps cease. " What are you doing awake such an hour Y/N ? You have missions tomorrow. You need rest. " Lakshmi remarks.

A giggle escapes my lips. I wave my hand motioning the other side of the sofa. " Sit. " I order.

Lakshmi moves and complies. She sits and looks at me. " You are still wearing this thing ? Come on, let's dismount it for you to feel better. " Lakshmi suggests and comes closer to help me.