~8

Raven sat on the balcony ground, rain hitting the ground next to her

Raven sat on the balcony ground, rain hitting the ground next to her. she took a cigarette from the carton in her pocket and lit it with her finger, letting the smoke form and taking a shaky drag of it. The rain was falling fast, hitting the ground with a small splash. It was quiet. Bucky had really kissed her, she couldn't believe it. 

"Hey kiddo," Steve greeted, earning a surprised look from Raven who was still on the ground.

"I didn't hear you come in," She greeted with a small smile, taking another drag of her cigarette. Her hair was stuck to the side of her face because of the rain.

"You're soaking wet, you'll catch a cold," Steven held out his hand, helping her stand.

"I'll be inside in a sec," Raven dropped her cigarette and stepped on it, ensuring it was out. She took a deep breath and followed Steve back inside.

"Bucky told you what happened I'm guessing," Raven sighed sitting down on the couch, Steven following. The tv was running on the news channel at a low volume. 

"He doesn't regret doing it, plus you should try and get back into dating. I don't think Pietro is coming back," Steve said, running his hand up and down Raven's back. Raven wanted to prove Steve wrong, Pietro was going to come back, she just didn't know when.

"I'll try," Raven lied.

"I just don't wanna lose my best friend," She sighed, avoiding eye contact.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The sun had started to rise, the sky turning bright orange as the sun rose, the rain had stopped and all that was left was the fog.

"Mrs. Maximoff, breakfast is starting in twenty minutes on floor five," Jarvis said through the speaker.

"Thank you, Jarvis," Raven smiled, brushing her silver hair through her fingers, she was still in yesterday's clothes, the bags under her eyes turning almost purple from lack of sleep. Pheonix came waddling out of his room, blanket in hand, rubbing his eyes awake with a yawn.

"Come on buddy let's go get washed up," Raven smiled taking his hand, leading Pheonix into the bathroom. 

"Arms up!" Raven smiled, Pheonix laughed and followed her instruction.

"What's for breakfast?" He asked, being lifted up to sit on the bathroom counter.

"I'm not sure yet hun, we will see soon," Raven took a face cloth, wetting it with water and facewash, wiping off his face. Pheonix scrunched his nose as his mom finished washing his face.

"Go get some clothes and come back," Raven told as she opened the medicine cabinet grabbing her makeup bag and ger meds, and closing it. Pheonix ran into his room grabbing a pair of grey pants and a blue shirt and underwear before running back to his mom for help.

"Arms up!" Pheonix listened, Raven grabbed the bottom of his shirt and pulled it off, putting the fresh shirt on him.

"Wanna get your pants on for me Pheonix?" Raven asked, earning a nod from the boy.